Would like to drop CS ratio on my Sakura D3 to 1.5

16 Replies, 5701 Views

Hello everyone.

I completed my build, using stock gears and right now it sits at 2.14 ratio.  I would like to lower it a bit to practice (my first drift car) down to 1.5.

According to the CS calc, I need to replace the front 13t Pulley with a 16T and replace the rear 22T pulley to a 30T to get the 1.5 ratio I am looking for.  

I cant seem to find a 30T pulley though..only up to a 28T.  

I could go with an 18T in the front and leave the rear at 22, which will give me a 1.55 ratio.  So. what size of front belt would I need?  

Thanks!!!
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2015, 05:45 PM by jwyant.)
You can  swap  out the  rear 22t  transfer to a 19t and the middle rear 13t to a 16t. And also you'll need a longer center belt which is the sakura zero 522t belt.
This gets a CS ratio of 1.5 and it's what I plan to try seen.
Sakura D3
(04-30-2015, 08:47 PM)Jay Wrote: You can  swap  out the  rear 22t  transfer to a 19t and the middle rear 13t to a 16t. And also you'll need a longer center belt which is the sakura zero 522t belt.
This gets a CS ratio of 1.5 and it's what I plan to try seen.

Sweet, Thanks Jay! I will do the same!!!
What do you guys use to take the pulley's? I can't seem to get those spring pins out.
Hi Peeski, I saw on YouTube someone use a 1.5mm Allen key and tap out to spring pin. It looks really hard. I am replacing a few pulleys to reduce the CS ratio and I purchased new shafts just in case. I am sure others will reply here and give you their suggestions.
(05-06-2015, 02:23 PM)jwyant Wrote: Hi Peeski,   I saw on YouTube someone use a 1.5mm Allen key and tap out to spring pin.  It looks really hard.  I am replacing a few pulleys to reduce the CS ratio and I purchased new shafts just in case.  I am sure others will reply here and give you their suggestions.

I ain't so sure of a reply, this whole site seems dead, lack of activity from other users?
Sakura D3
Jay, are there any other sites that are more active?
I don't know mate, wish I did.... Thought this would be the main one lol... If I find one will let you know Smile
Sakura D3
Maybe rcgroups or rcuniverse?
(05-06-2015, 07:45 AM)PEESKI Wrote: What do you guys use to take the pulley's? I can't seem to get those spring pins out.

yeah gotta muscle them out however you can

Usually there's 1 bigger hole (where pin went in) vs smaller hole other end. Push some pin in from the small hole side.  

It's easier with shaft out of car. Don't laugh, I've once disassembled everything AROUND the shaft to extract it, to drift those pins out haha Sad
[Image: MRCsig.gif]