Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yd2 abchobby custom body
Hi 
I recently bought a rc body from abchobby and after cutting and assemble  the body with tape it does not fit on my yd2 from yokomo.
The problem is that the foam on the front of the chassis is in the way. If I take out the foam the part wich holds the foam and the body posts  is also in the way. The body only fits when I remove the whole part wich holds the body posts and foam. 
Please help!

.jpg   DRB Bumperless no foam.jpg (Size: 219.51 KB / Downloads: 7) You can run the car without the foam or even cut back the foam to make it fit. What body is it that your using, company, model, size? Generally,  most people will remove body before doing anything and make sure it will work, then on the outside of body, with a sharpie mark where your body posts will need to be drilled, this way no guess work. Same time, if you are using additional vents, fenders, side skirts wings, planning on hinged items like doors or hoods, with the sharpie mark up all the mounts, holes, even list your measurements for RB fenders. That overspray film is amazing stuff so don't be afraid of using it. On 1 of my rides,  I have only the bumper mounts, no foam at all, and I have added an intercooler that is all cut and notched just so I can get a body on being a front motor chassis. The ultimate best tool is the Internet with google images. Type in what you want to see and 9/10 it comes up. Next are the forms .....but why use any other since your at DriftMission..your home for all your RC Drift needs (name plug) lol! Lastly YouTube, Vimeo, I even find Pinit & Instagram great for inspiration for body projects. Hope this helps your problem and with future bodies. If you haven't cut the wheels out yet, and depending on the body you can sometimes miss cut the wells and no one would be the wiser, you could also look intoFender flares or a Rocket Bunny kit to move or mis-cut the body.  You can also get stealth mounts which will allow the mount location be away from the body post locations. You have lots of options so no reason to fret. That's part of this hobby, nothing ever works out the way it's supposed to, you just have to take a step back, take a deep breath and just look at it calmly, talk it over to yourself or in your head if others are around, don't want everyone thinking your crazy right!?
If you got any other questions or concerns, PM and if I don't know the answer I know where to get it! I have been drifting since 05' and RC'ing for over 30 years. Although I like all genre's of RC, there is nothing like drift scene and this is where I will always get the most fun and satisfaction in RC Drift.
(03-15-2017, 11:21 AM)FlairJair Wrote:  You can run the car without the foam or even cut back the foam to make it fit. What body is it that your using, company, model, size? Generally,  most people will remove body before doing anything and make sure it will work, then on the outside of body, with a sharpie mark where your body posts will need to be drilled, this way no guess work. Same time, if you are using additional vents, fenders, side skirts wings, planning on hinged items like doors or hoods, with the sharpie mark up all the mounts, holes, even list your measurements for RB fenders. That overspray film is amazing stuff so don't be afraid of using it. On 1 of my rides,  I have only the bumper mounts, no foam at all, and I have added an intercooler that is all cut and notched just so I can get a body on being a front motor chassis. The ultimate best tool is the Internet with google images. Type in what you want to see and 9/10 it comes up. Next are the forms .....but why use any other since your at DriftMission..your home for all your RC Drift needs (name plug) lol! Lastly YouTube, Vimeo, I even find Pinit & Instagram great for inspiration for body projects. Hope this helps your problem and with future bodies. If you haven't cut the wheels out yet, and depending on the body you can sometimes miss cut the wells and no one would be the wiser, you could also look intoFender flares or a Rocket Bunny kit to move or mis-cut the body.  You can also get stealth mounts which will allow the mount location be away from the body post locations. You have lots of options so no reason to fret. That's part of this hobby, nothing ever works out the way it's supposed to, you just have to take a step back, take a deep breath and just look at it calmly, talk it over to yourself or in your head if others are around, don't want everyone thinking your crazy right!?
If you got any other questions or concerns, PM and if I don't know the answer I know where to get it! I have been drifting since 05' and RC'ing for over 30 years. Although I like all genre's of RC, there is nothing like drift scene and this is where I will always get the most fun and satisfaction in RC Drift.

Thanks for the help and the company is ABC hobby model is a custom Nissan kpgc10
I didnt paint yet I only roughly cut the body an the body kit
Is this your first body? If so I got some tricks for smooth cuts, rounding edges for less splits, making paint adhere better....on and on, PM if you need the hook up.