In this tread i would like to show my D3 RWD build.
i started it about month ago, and i think its now finished. The reason why i change it to RWD was after last ride, when i realized, that CS is rather boring, and i give a challange to myself - build something from scrap :P (thats why i used D3, instead of buing D4).
First i mount MST arms
2nd mod - steering.
Simple, but not simple. When i biuld it on first time, i realized that 3Racing alloy steering system is enought for max steer angle. But it was locking. So i add carbon extensions (self made), and then it started to work fine. Then i add one more adjuster in the middle, so i can adjust Ackerman and toe.
The big problem for me was the steering angle. Tire was hitting the shock. But, MST arms are cool, and i add some spacers into it, put FR-F tire, and that problem was solved.
Then i make uppers using a Tamiya adjusters (they havent any play, so everything is thick)
Thats how it looks on front
After some settings, i ended up, with almost 90 degree angle :D
First run was rather good, nothing has broke, and come off, i even took one courner well (without gyro, im still wainting for it). Ive started to learning driving without gyro, but even if i can "drift", or rather sliding in my friend's BMW, this is almost impossible for me lol
So, now i get to work on body for it. It will be in another post, i think in WIP section
Comment, tell me some advice, what should i change. Its my very first RWD chassis, and im new in this, so i dont know everything. It hink that my modss are done well, and my cute, Pinky D3 will fly on track
Keep drifting fun
- Sakura D3 RWD