Yokomo BL-Pro 3 Question(s)

4 Replies, 2513 Views

I recently received (an hour ago) my Yokomo BL-Pro 3 and I noticed that it came with a, sensor cable? And I wanted to know if it is required to have on the ESC and Motor.
OK, so I was told by a friend what the sensor cable was for... got that off the list of useless questions. 

Now, Im having an issue. 

The issue is that the ESC makes a high pitched noise as if I was lightly pressing on the throttle. 

Also, when I press down on the throttle to accelerate it doesn't accelerate, it would either not move or it will jerk and stop  as if it is stuck, when I press forward on the throttle it will accelerate. 

So there isn't any reverse and cant seem to make it normal. I followed the manual to setting the throttle setting to normal, can't seem to have luck on that.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2016, 04:49 AM by Ille_Jandro.)
Do you have the sensor cable installed between your motor and ESC? I have a BL-PRO3 & 8.5T Zero motor combo and I've noticed if that my sensor cable isn't properly seated, the ESC doesn't respond at all or has similar symptoms to what you described. Also, have you set up your ESC endpoints?

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(03-30-2016, 04:50 AM)DriftGundam Wrote: Do you have the sensor cable installed between your motor and ESC? I have a BL-PRO3 & 8.5T Zero motor combo and I've noticed if that my sensor cable isn't properly seated, the ESC doesn't respond at all or has similar symptoms to what you described. Also, have you set up your ESC endpoints?

-Vic

I do have the cable connected. How do I set up the end points on my ESC? If I need a programmer, I can't get my hands on one, shop doesn't have any in stock and ybp3 is out of stock.
You don't need the programmer to set up your throttle positions on the esc, just consult the top of page 2 of the manual: https://www.teamyokomo.com/en/pdf/BL-PRO...urbo_E.pdf

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2016, 06:08 AM by DriftGundam.)