Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yokomo DP DP8 RWD setup parts
(12-17-2016, 11:19 AM)BambooSwordBa Wrote:  200 for everything... that changes things a lot.
What do you already have now? Do you have battery and charger? Those alone cost about 50USD. Then add another 40USD for budget radio system.
Unless you can get the chassis for 100 it's almost impossible. I tried to keep my cost lower than 200 too and now it's more than 260USD (give or take converted from Euros).

Yes, Angel I have those things, i need only chassis, servo, motor and ESC.
Tamiya tt01 type E - subaru brz - stock(maybe it will be not stock anymore)
Yokomo DP Basic (preparing for rwd)
(12-17-2016, 11:19 AM)BambooSwordBa Wrote:  200 for everything... that changes things a lot.
What do you already have now? Do you have battery and charger? Those alone cost about 50USD. Then add another 40USD for budget radio system.
Unless you can get the chassis for 100 it's almost impossible. I tried to keep my cost lower than 200 too and now it's more than 260USD (give or take converted from Euros).

I have radio system too. I'm from Europe, I have Tamiya tt01 now with that radio.
First, electronics, you can get Brushless sensored 13.5T from ebay and 120A ESC for ~38 EUR. Then the servo, I got the JX PDI-6208MG 0.09s which is pretty fast. The problem is it's full size. For low profile there's JX PDI-4409MG but it's a bit slower. They both cost around 12EUR.

Can you find Yokomo DP type C for 150EUR in your country? It's the best start with because it came with new front suspension arms already.
Of course it won't be RWD yet but there's a lot to go from there.
Then you can proceed to use Yokomo RS201 conversion kit to convert it to RWD. I'm not sure if it can do direct conversion from Type B or SD.
If it can convert Type B directly to RWD then find a used regular DP, get the conversion kit then you're good to go.

May you be success in your journey. I was trying to get DP too but I couldn't find Type C here so I gave up and get the Sakura D3 instead.
Be much better off and cheaper in the long run to buy a YD2 or even a Sakura D4 RWD.
D4 RWD is $97.41EUR with free shipping from RCmart.
(12-17-2016, 02:29 PM)BambooSwordBa Wrote:  First, electronics, you can get Brushless sensored 13.5T from ebay and 120A ESC for ~38 EUR. Then the servo, I got the JX PDI-6208MG 0.09s which is pretty fast. The problem is it's full size. For low profile there's JX PDI-4409MG but it's a bit slower. They both cost around 12EUR.

Can you find Yokomo DP type C for 150EUR in your country? It's the best start with because it came with new front suspension arms already.
Of course it won't be RWD yet but there's a lot to go from there.
Then you can proceed to use Yokomo RS201 conversion kit to convert it to RWD. I'm not sure if it can do direct conversion from Type B or SD.
If it can convert Type B directly to RWD then find a used regular DP, get the conversion kit then you're good to go.

May you be success in your journey. I was trying to get DP too but I couldn't find Type C here so I gave up and get the Sakura D3 instead.

I found servo 0,10 sec. speed in Lithuania for 10 euros, but maybe I'll find better for that money
And I need 10,5t electronics.
I think Sakura D4 will suit you best at this price point so you can have about 100 Euros left for electronics. Then get 10.5T motor and ESC from Hobbyking.
I want to have a cardan chassis.
In that case I really run out of idea.
(12-20-2016, 12:10 PM)Azuolasdrift tt01 Wrote:  I want to have a cardan chassis.

Yokomo isn't carbon anyway. It's a plastic tub.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yokomo hop up parts pictures!! Oobie 2 592 03-27-2016, 12:30 PM
Last Post: DriftGundam