Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yokomo Ultima RWD DIB
Where can I get the Ultima lower deck?
I have nothing found in the net.
A link would be nice, thanks
(01-26-2016, 03:49 AM)DerMetzka Wrote:  Where can I get the Ultima lower deck?
I have nothing found in the net.
A link would be nice, thanks

Hi Buddy, sorry for the late late late ass reply!!

The deck is sold from Top Toys on Taobao. Its branded as Ultima DIB Chassis Plate (Ultima is now Usukani)

Here is the link - it can be purchased from outside of China
https://world.taobao.com/item/3510973802....11.moPEy2
[Image: signature_2015.jpg]
Thanks for the update. As a RWD DIB275 driver, I found this thread to be particularly useful.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo DIB275 Premium (RWD Conversion)
  • Yokomo DPR (Hayato Yoshiba Spec)
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
Ive been a bit slow on the updates due to work & life just being mental..  I have time again to do a quick update.

A few changes to log and lots of time tuning with some success and fails.. Because I have no space at home to test, I only get a few hours each fortnight to tune at the track so its taking time.

Since the last post I have added

Yokomo Upgrade Kit 3 (A-Arm)
Ultima Slide Rack
Viper 10.5t Sensored Black Edition Motor
Active Hobby long servo horn
Yokomo Ball Diff

The big challenge with this chassis has been the balance between grip and slide on the rear end and steering geometry. For some reason I have really struggled to get a steering setup that has been solid. Either parallel but not enough lock, or wide n wonky with too much lock..

The current setup is the best I have had, but still has some issues to solve. I got some metal lower arm spacers to push the arm length outward - I then spent a very long time finding a steering position combination that was as close to parallel as possible whilst having a touch of toe out with the most amount of lock before the hub flips back on itself. I will be trying this out and report back but on carpet it feels much more stable already. The chassis is actually very grippy so maintaining a slide with correct throttle control is difficult. I hope to widen this narrow band out with suspension tuning and weight shift.

I also reverted back from 0deg rear toe to 3* rear toe for extra stability mid slide based on some feedback I have received. 

[Image: rwd_update5.jpg]

[Image: rwd_update6.jpg]

Here is a close up of the new front steering geometry 

[Image: rwd_update7.jpg]

Looks like it should be much more stable at full lock now.
[Image: rwd_update3.jpg]

I now have a 3D printer too which I have been going to town on! The big rear diffuser is my own design thats only to suit my RX7 shell, no impact on weight or performance just looks cool!  Here is the under side to get a look at the overall geometry (and the diffuser!)

[Image: rwd_update2.jpg]

I wanted to get the full suspension range back as the shock mount tower is slightly higher on these plates meaning I had a very low ride height at the highest point, so I swapped the lower shock ball ends for some white steering ball ends (adds about 2~3mm) but thats just enough that now I can get full range back and lots of droop. Keeping suspension soft has been a challenge however so I have been playing around with weight shift. Moving the ESC as far back as possible and high up on the centre plate. I also designed and 3D printed a DIB rear mount battery adapter which I will show next post. It will also fit DP - it will be available for purchase after testing is complete, will post pictures soon. 

[Image: rwd_update4.jpg]

Thanks for reading - will post back sooner next time!
very cool build I also have a DIB that im using for RWD, im using the ds racing quattro S conversion, Im curious what tires you are running up front? I have T-drifts and love it, also try steering stops to keep the front knuckles from going over center I can send you picks of my stops if you think that would help, im running the overdose slide rack on mine so our set ups should be similar, really digging the rear diffuser!
(07-12-2016, 06:28 PM)isaacd101 Wrote:  very cool build I also have a DIB that im using for RWD, im using the ds racing quattro S conversion, Im curious what tires you are running up front? I have T-drifts and love it, also try steering stops to keep the front knuckles from going over center I can send you picks of my stops if you think that would help, im running the overdose slide rack on mine so our set ups should be similar, really digging the rear diffuser!

Id love to see some pics!! Im always interested to see other DIB RWD conversions, im tempted to convert my main DIB to RWD also :D

We use 2 types of control tyre at our club. Topline & DS Racing, I will find out the exact type and get back to you. At the moment I use the same tyres front and rear. Our track is polished smooth concrete so we go for a grip setup with a hardish tyre to keep speed down.

Had a much better run today with these new settings, seems my big problem now is suspension. My shocks are just a little too stiff even with soft springs so im going to get some 100 weight shock oil in the rear and drill the 3 damper holes out and add and extra one front and rear

Cheers!
I'm using Yokomo 100 weight shock oil in all four of my DIB275's dampers and found that it helped immensely compared to the stock 350 weight oil. Additionally, I swapped out the stock CS springs for HSS springs and stood the rear shocks up more as I'm running hard tires on polished concrete as well.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
(07-17-2016, 11:36 AM)DriftGundam Wrote:  I'm using Yokomo 100 weight shock oil in all four of my DIB275's dampers and found that it helped immensely compared to the stock 350 weight oil. Additionally, I swapped out the stock CS springs for HSS springs and stood the rear shocks up more as I'm running hard tires on polished concrete as well.

-Vic

Today ive swapped out also for 150wt oil and the front seems much better, however the rear still feels sluggish and stiff. I even drilled out 2 extra holes per shock with little effect :/

I have lots of different springs and I just cant find a mix of softness / preload...   If I stand the shocks up things get really stiff so I need to run them on a hard angle.

Could you link some pics of your rear shock setup?
Sure thing, I'll try to take some tomorrow when the course opens (I keep my chassis there). Any particular parts you want pictures of?

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog
Here's a couple of pictures of my DIB275. Please excuse the quality of the photos as I took them on my iPhone and didn't do any postprocessing:

Chassis:

.jpg   IMG_0038.JPG (Size: 527.6 KB / Downloads: 14)

Rear Suspension:

.jpg   IMG_0039.JPG (Size: 466.08 KB / Downloads: 12)

Shocks are mounted all the way out both top and bottom. I forget to check which springs I was running, but I believe they are Yokomo D-170BK springs.

-Vic
Stable
  • Yokomo YD-4
  • Yokomo YD-2 PLUS
Drift Gundam Blog