Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yokomo YD-2 Building and YG-302 Gyro Set Up Tips
Hi Guys

I am totally new to this RWD and drift hobby but will be getting a Yokomo YD-2 car kit that comes with YG-302 gyro.

I understand that some of the building guides in the assembly manual may be a little different and also things that need to be cautious of and is not indicated in the manual.

Based on your experience in building a good YD-2 car with YG-302 gyro, are there any tips that I should build differently from the manual or be cautious of?  Is there any good website that provide step-by-step building tips, especially the gyro setting as I have never use a gyro before.

Thank you.
The YD-2 out of the box is tuned for asphalt. If you look on the Yokomo website you can find a setup sheet for carpet which also worked pretty well for me on concrete.

The gyro needs to be square to the chassis, mine is mounted over the battery. I took mine to the local track and had one of the guys there help me get mine set correctly.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
Yokomo YD-2
MST FXX-D
Sakura D4 RWD (currently only a roller)
Hpi Sprint 2 Flux 50/50 - Locked rear/Open front
Exceed RC MadPulse

(06-21-2017, 10:17 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  The YD-2 out of the box is tuned for asphalt. If you look on the Yokomo website you can find a setup sheet for carpet which also worked pretty well for me on concrete.

The gyro needs to be square to the chassis, mine is mounted over the battery. I took mine to the local track and had one of the guys there help me get mine set correctly.

Thanks for your reply Gramps50.  Based on the YD-2 pictures found on the Internet, isn't the gyro suppose to be mounted on the top center of the upper deck?

I didn't know that YD-2 is designed to be drifted on asphalt surface as I always see RC  drifters play on smooth titles.  Not sure if the Yokomo YG-302 gyro will be a good gyro as its cover is plastic.  I guess I will have a hard time setting and tuning this gyro.
The YD-2 isn't really designed for asphalt, that is just what the setup out of the box. It even says that on the setup sheet in the instruction manual. If you going to be drifting on tile or polished concrete just use the carpet setup which can be found on the Yokomo website and get some tires for concrete such as MST FR-F & CS-R silver or gold dots.

I wouldn't worry about the plastic case on the gyro, it will be fine. Many of the drifting gyros have a plastic case. Setting the gyro isn't that hard. As a new comer I would turn it all the way up which is clockwise the back it off to between 60-70% that should be a good starting point.
Gramps
---------------------------------------------------
Yokomo YD-2
MST FXX-D
Sakura D4 RWD (currently only a roller)
Hpi Sprint 2 Flux 50/50 - Locked rear/Open front
Exceed RC MadPulse

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bought a new Yokomo DIB V.2 - tips etc.? Woodsnail 2 876 09-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Woodsnail