DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: DP-YD4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking about getting the dp-yd4 as my first true drifter. Seeing as I'm a newbie with a fairly small budget, is this a decent car for me? Or should I look at another 4wd? My max budget is about 350
(02-03-2018, 10:14 PM)87 outlaw Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking about getting the dp-yd4 as my first true drifter. Seeing as I'm a newbie with a fairly small budget, is this a decent car for me? Or should I look at another 4wd? My max budget is about 350

keep in mind this is the chassis only. 
You will have to buy the electronics, Radio combo, wheels/tires, charger, batteries, and a bodyshell. 
If $350 is your budget I suggest you go for a YD2 rather than a YD4. More than 60% of the RC Drift crowd is RWD. 
The YD2 should leave you about $150 left for the rest. 
You can get budget electronic like an onisiki combo from rcmart and then get a imax charger or something like that.
(02-05-2018, 10:43 AM)Tiger.T Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2018, 10:14 PM)87 outlaw Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking about getting the dp-yd4 as my first true drifter. Seeing as I'm a newbie with a fairly small budget, is this a decent car for me? Or should I look at another 4wd? My max budget is about 350

keep in mind this is the chassis only. 
You will have to buy the electronics, Radio combo, wheels/tires, charger, batteries, and a bodyshell. 
If $350 is your budget I suggest you go for a YD2 rather than a YD4. More than 60% of the RC Drift crowd is RWD. 
The YD2 should leave you about $150 left for the rest. 
You can get budget electronic like an onisiki combo from rcmart and then get a imax charger or something like that.

At the moment, I'm not concerned about the electronics. I have some gear laying around that I'll use until I get new electronics.