Forums

Full Version: Rmx s 2.0 asphalt setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SETUP HELP! So i have an rmx s 2.0, built, all stock setup and it works really great on a wooden surface. Smooth control, nice drifts. Now I'm taking out onto asphalt as I don't have a track very near. Struggling to get the speed/consistency. I've tightened the diff screw so the wheels actually spin when I put on power now, but too much throttle and the wheels spin too fast, no grip and I drift really slowly, too little and the tyres grip too much and I can't drift. Any setup ideas? This is mst gold in the fronts, purple-red in the rear and mineral oil 15wt all around. Low cg motor mount and D like tyres I was recommended, I do t know the compound it's in japanese! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950F using DriftMission
(02-24-2019, 10:08 PM)ggk242 Wrote: [ -> ]SETUP HELP! So i have an rmx s 2.0, built, all stock setup and it works really great on a wooden surface. Smooth control, nice drifts. Now I'm taking out onto asphalt as I don't have a track very near. Struggling to get the speed/consistency. I've tightened the diff screw so the wheels actually spin when I put on power now, but too much throttle and the wheels spin too fast, no grip and I drift really slowly, too little and the tyres grip too much and I can't drift. Any setup ideas? This is mst gold in the fronts, purple-red in the rear and mineral oil 15wt all around. Low cg motor mount and D like tyres I was recommended, I do t know the compound it's in japanese! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950F using DriftMission

have you found a solution?d-like tires are getting hot depending on traction and become very grippy