DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: Yokomo DP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This thread is for the MR4TC-SD DP

Yokomo MR4TC-SD or Drift Package
[Image: Yokomo-110th-Blitz-Dunlop-ER34-Skyline-06.jpg]

Currently I run the Yokomo MR4TC-SD and I like the response of the kit especially because of the torque(since it's shaft-driven).
(11-04-2012, 12:16 AM)war_drifter Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is for the MR4TC-SD DP

Yokomo MR4TC-SD or Drift Package
[Image: Yokomo-110th-Blitz-Dunlop-ER34-Skyline-06.jpg]

Currently I run the Yokomo MR4TC-SD and I like the response of the kit especially because of the torque(since it's shaft-driven).

Hi there.
I've run several chassis so far and, even just from the look, this chassis looks solid.
I feel embarrassed to say this but I bought a clone from r2hobbies.comto save some $$ and had a nightmare with them. I have to tell on this postso nobody has to go through what I had to go through ; from now on no clone for the rest of my life.

First I ordered 3 body shells and one came with two clear molding line across the body and a dent.
Their response ; put a putter and sand it off to have a clean surface...., no mention about the dent.
one of them had dents on both side.
Their response ; they can not take the responsibility on the damage that occurred during delivery.--Here's the catch. delivery box came clean with no damage.

For yokomo type c clone
the kit came missing following.
-the sponges that goes between rubber ladder & the cap of damper
-manual
-rear body post
-rubber rings for break disk
I didn't get any response for these at all..

For the upgrade kit for type C
there was a bar going across the hole for motor and the chassis is bent because of that when installing motor.

I counted and there were 53 email between me and them so far and didn't go anywhere.
Finally I spent more than 300 this time and I'll have to spent considerable amount of $$ to make this work.
For the last their solution was the refusal to any claims I made not to mention ignoring misc defects and offering "special offer" on the next order, which I don't see happening in the future.
Yeah R2 can be like that, thats the problem with clone manufacturers.
You really get what you pay for.  

Occasionally you do find a "good" deal, but its rare.

Thanks for sharing your experience!  Hope it helps others.
Hi! Does Anyone knows about  http://www.r2hobbies.com/1-10-rc-car-yok...e-kit.html compatibility with Yokomo Type B? Thanks.
from what i read there is an extensive list of things that need to be changed to go from type b to type c.... i doubt itll work
The two cars share the exact same chassis. Everything will work, aside from maybe the shock towers. The Type-C shock towers would have slightly different camber link positions, since the suspension between the two cars differs, so you can possibly still run them. Weather or not you trust the quality of the R2 chassis, that is your call to make.
Fits this part also to the DP? In red, there are for the DIB but it look like the same of the DP.
YokomoIB-41310R Aluminium Lower Caster Block 10 ° Red[Image: IB-41307R.jpg?rand=103213562]There are the same part for the DP in blue but I want have it necessarily in red.
Can I install also the plastic part of the knuckle?
I'm new with this chassis ( just play few hours) and really like it. Still looking out for some more upgrade to make it a drift machine.
(12-03-2012, 12:41 PM)Alex Berlin Wrote: [ -> ]Fits this part also to the DP? In red, there are for the DIB but it look like the same of the DP.
YokomoIB-41310R Aluminium Lower Caster Block 10 ° Red[Image: IB-41307R.jpg?rand=103213562]There are the same part for the DP in blue but I want have it necessarily in red.
Can I install also the plastic part of the knuckle?

The dp and dib/drb lower liks are different sizes. I think the drb/dib will work so long as you use a spacer to hold it in place
I have what I believe to be an mr4tc sd DP basic. No ball bearings no upgrades and planetary gears I think. Its a genuine yokomo as I picked it up before the clone was released. I want to convert to type c but dont want to spend the $100+ on just the type c converaion. Does anyone know if the r2 clone is good enough to use as a donor for converting my original chassis to type c. Id buy the clone and transfer the type c component pieces on my original yok.

Has anyone tried this yet and what problems do I face in taking this route as opposed to just buying type c conversion kit?
Pages: 1 2 3 4