DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: So Cal drifter new to DM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, my name is Jeremy. I'm from Orange County, California. My local track is Cal Raceway / Drift Jam.

I joined this forum a couple days ago when a friend on Facebook sent me a link to the contest for chassis.

My drifting history: At the beginning of 2012 I purchased my first 'real' RC car from Ultimate Hobbies in Orange, CA. A simple HPI Sprint 2 Sport. I quickly grew tired of zipping around and began power sliding it for fun. April 2012 at a car show in L.A. a fellow RC'er lent me a set of drift tires and I was hooked. The Sprint 2 has stayed 50/50 and I purchased a Hot Bodies TC-FD to go CS. Currently it is the stock 1.52 / 52.3%, but I have all the parts (save for the Jet C-hubs) to take it to 2.0 CS and increase the steering angle... Just waiting on that box to come in.

Unrelated to RC drifting, I dabble in off-road and bashing. My stable includes; AE RC8.2E, AE SC10 4x4 FT, AE T4.1, AE TC6.1 Worlds, TLR 22, and HPI Crawler King.

My Hot Bodies TC-FD in purple, AE TC6.1 Worlds in blue
[Image: 426419_4915105108141_96448313_n.jpg]
Sprint 2
[Image: 226464_4917685572651_988243675_n.jpg]
(The picture exaggerates the different hues of the neon yellow... to naked eye they look the same.)
Welcome and nice collection you got there..
Welcome.. theres a lot of people from cali
Welcome to DM, most happy to have ya on board!! And as was stated, very nice cars u have there:)
Those are some nice looking chassis.
Thanks for the kind words. I've had this website bookmarked since I made up my mind that I was saving for a TC-FD, but just got around to joining.

(05-27-2013, 12:55 PM)rhdeg693 Wrote: [ -> ]Those are some nice looking chassis.
Thanks, the edge painting idea came about with my sprint 2. I purchased the carbon upper and put it on... after the electronics were installed and it was ran, The carbon piece that I was so happy to have purchased blended in and didn't pop at all. I had some paints on the desk from a body painting session and figured why no... So I carefully brushed white on the edge (over the CA glue). It definitely made a difference, but it looked plain. So I put some neon yellow over the white and sat back and tried to figure out if it was genius or horrible... Got a few peoples' input and everyone seemed to think it was awesome... So I got the rest of the carbon chassis pieces for the Sprint and did it up... Along with every other carbon chassis I've built since.
welcome to dm :)
Welcome welcome... i was wondering where do you drive your rc at? seeing maybeone day we can meet up and drive =>
(06-02-2013, 02:03 AM)vi3tboidvt Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome welcome... i was wondering where do you drive your rc at? seeing maybeone day we can meet up and drive =>

I mostly drift at Cal Raceway in Orange. Not the easiest place to find. Go to Google Maps and search "Orr's Custom Golf" and look at it from a satellite view. Once you zoom in, you will see the RC track tucked away in some soccer area and next to an open soccer field. Wed & Friday nights from 5 to 10pm there is drifting. Come on down...

I mostly go on Friday nights
(06-02-2013, 10:13 AM)Jeremy_M Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2013, 02:03 AM)vi3tboidvt Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome welcome... i was wondering where do you drive your rc at? seeing maybeone day we can meet up and drive =>

I mostly drift at Cal Raceway in Orange. Not the easiest place to find. Go to Google Maps and search "Orr's Custom Golf" and look at it from a satellite view. Once you zoom in, you will see the RC track tucked away in some soccer area and next to an open soccer field. Wed & Friday nights from 5 to 10pm there is drifting. Come on down...

I mostly go on Friday nights

NICE!!! Do you guys ever go on weekend?
Pages: 1 2