DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: New HPI Owner RC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(05-31-2013, 10:31 PM)vi3tboidvt Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-31-2013, 05:00 PM)Frias65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-31-2013, 02:04 PM)vi3tboidvt Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-31-2013, 12:01 PM)vroomin Wrote: [ -> ]That's weird. Its new but it wont stay straight? People use Putty to lock the rear. Google "hpi sprint 2 mods" go to a thread called "making a silk purse from a ....."

not that lol.. When i hit full speed it doesn't keep stright. so i'm guessing i need something for the aligment. is there anything you sugguest?
mess with your alignment.. shouldn't do that unless your CS'd

Alright, For Sprint 2 sport. What lipo are you using to make it fit perfect? btw
Im using these ones called peak racing powermax 45c 4200mah, but I dont think its well known. Gens ace and venoms all work for sure which includes their 50c's. Havent tried crc, but looking at it in a glass case at the hobbyshop, it seems skinny enough.
I have a crc 6100 and it Is the same size as the venom 5000
(06-01-2013, 01:33 PM)RCPHREEK Wrote: [ -> ]I have a crc 6100 and it Is the same size as the venom 5000
What's your run time? and what motor you using?
Well I have never ran it flat dead so I honestly don't kno the exact time...and the motor I use is a racers edge 3600kv 4 pole I usually just run for 20-30 mins and then I'm done
(06-01-2013, 12:58 AM)vroomin Wrote: [ -> ]Word of advice, take it easy.. Right now since you are new and everything so cheap you want to buy it all, I understand how you feel I am new too and feel the same way. I have been into the RC drifting for about a month now and already $1000 in. Don't make my mistakes. If i can lend any advice is ... Use what you got now, learn it, get use to it and see where it takes you. You might not last 3 months in this hobby and saved a lot of money by not buying everything your eyes see

Thanks... Yeah I figure its a lot of green that is gonna be spent. Some how I got it to try make it real like my car lol... But yes thank you for slapping me out of it. Lol
(06-01-2013, 05:05 PM)vi3tboidvt Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2013, 12:58 AM)vroomin Wrote: [ -> ]Word of advice, take it easy.. Right now since you are new and everything so cheap you want to buy it all, I understand how you feel I am new too and feel the same way. I have been into the RC drifting for about a month now and already $1000 in. Don't make my mistakes. If i can lend any advice is ... Use what you got now, learn it, get use to it and see where it takes you. You might not last 3 months in this hobby and saved a lot of money by not buying everything your eyes see

Thanks... Yeah I figure its a lot of green that is gonna be spent. Some how I got it to try make it real like my car lol... But yes thank you for slapping me out of it. Lol

Well there is nothing with droppin some cheddar in it as long as u put the necessary stuff lol, cause u gan get to buying stuff that won't even help the car out as far as handling and do forth and then not have any money for the stuff u really need lol
For the sprint 2 u for sure need a front one way, locked rear, universal dogbones for the front. When u get into cs you will need more steering angle, but u just need to cut some part...

Also try different springs. When I 1st went cs' d with the sprint 2, I span out a lot due to the stock springs.. hard springs in the front and soft for the back.
Understood.. Well today I lock my rear with silly putty I can't wait to run it tonight
WOW... It so much different now. I honesty right now can't control my RC. I need much more practice...

Would a 190mm shell body Fit on my HPI sprint 2 sport?
(06-02-2013, 10:21 AM)vi3tboidvt Wrote: [ -> ]WOW... It so much different now. I honesty right now can't control my RC. I need much more practice...

Would a 190mm shell body Fit on my HPI sprint 2 sport?
Yes..just not the super small ones lol as u probably can figure that out
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6