DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: Thanks for all the knowledge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been around RC for some time but when one of the RC clubs I belong to decided to start a Drift class I was dumb founded. I liked the idea but knew nothing about scale Drifting. Like anything you don't know about or understand the internet is your friend.

driftmission.com members have assembled a lot of really fine material on this site a "big thank you" is in order. With your help I have been able to get started with a new RC hobby.

Like many RC/ers I have many RC interests. I have been RC Rock Crawling for eight years. I own three rigs a 2.2 Sporty a 2.2 MOA pro open truck and a scaler. The club I belong to competes all three classes. I also have been truck and tractor "Pulling" guy for about six years. I spent a decade racing 1/12th scale road cars and some 1/10th scale off road buggies. My biggest hobby passion was "Karting" I spent about twenty years racing Karts in the US.

I really like what your doing and how your doing it. I like how friendly and helpful Drifter's seem to be.
I've enjoyed and learned from all your threads. I buy no way have the knowledge or skill to go down this road on my own but you've all helped me get started and I'm really liking the cars.

Here's my Drift car to date

3Racing Sakura CS Sport. (box stock right now)
HPI Trueno Sprinter with the body kit
Tamiya LH drive (US) interior
Speed Passion 13.5 motor and 100 amp speed control
I'll be using a Spektrum DX3R trans and receiver
Savox high speed servo
Head and tail lights (of course)

I'm about a week away from finishing the build. I have a large wide (20') recently paved driveway that will become my practice area for the summer. I'm going to try a set of Raikou D70 tires to start with. I have the rest of summer to practice before my local Drift season starts.

I live in Minneapolis Minnesota USA

All and any comments are welcome :=):

'Storm
Welcome.. And another fellow d3 owner.. This place you will learn a lot and the people here are very helpful and come from all walks of life from different parts of the world.. This forums is the most active and most informative site about RC drifting.. No question is too dumb and we don't look down upon people asking questions.. When I started I had no clue.. I did RC drifting about 7 years ago, but got out of it.. I too started with a d3 as my first drift chassis and now from that my collection grew to 7... I couldn't have done it without this website.. This place I call home for RC drifting.. Best bunch of people and the mods are awesome in keeping it that way.. And I hope to meet some of these people one day... You will enjoy being here as much as I have...
Welcome!

This is a great place with awesome helpful peeps, the DM fella's def have done an awesome job here :-)
welcome!!! im glad you like the site!!!
Welcome to DM!!:) glad to have ya on board:):)
(07-01-2013, 03:46 PM)Combat_Drftr Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome.. And another fellow d3 owner.. This place you will learn a lot and the people here are very helpful and come from all walks of life from different parts of the world.. This forums is the most active and most informative site about RC drifting.. No question is too dumb and we don't look down upon people asking questions.. When I started I had no clue.. I did RC drifting about 7 years ago, but got out of it.. I too started with a d3 as my first drift chassis and now from that my collection grew to 7... I couldn't have done it without this website.. This place I call home for RC drifting.. Best bunch of people and the mods are awesome in keeping it that way.. And I hope to meet some of these people one day... You will enjoy being here as much as I have...

Thanks CD for the encouragement and welcome. I have to say I've enjoyed the forum and the shared knowledge. It's so nice to read about the hobby and listen to all the experiences it helps new people get started with a minimum of mistakes. All my drift purchases to date were influenced by DM members threads. This aspect of RC seems very friendly I've enjoyed my rookie RC Drift experience.

What have you done to improve your D3 and what are the most beneficial mods? I'm looking at the CVD axels and steering upgrade and the front one way to start with but I wanted to experience the stock factory setup first.

(07-02-2013, 02:51 AM)RevIt Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome!

This is a great place with awesome helpful peeps, the DM fella's def have done an awesome job here :-)

Good to know Revit thanks for the welcome.

(07-02-2013, 04:11 PM)robb41488 Wrote: [ -> ]welcome!!! im glad you like the site!!!

Yes indeed and "congratulations" to you all for a great online community.

(07-02-2013, 04:21 PM)RCPHREEK Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to DM!!:) glad to have ya on board:):)

Thanks PHREEK glad to be here.