DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: New from Japan!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone, my name is Dylan! I live in Japan (for the forseeable future). The Air Force told me to move here and I happily obliged. I have A LOT of experience with crawlers, but damn near none with drifting. I moved from the US where I played with my off roaders both 1:1 and 1:10, to the promised land of tuners and drift cars. I figured it would be a great time to jump into the drift scene. I've been interested in getting a drift car for a while now, and just picked up my first project a couple weeks ago. It's a TT01E with the aluminum center shaft, and that's all. Stock motor, stock suspension, grip tires, and of all things... a 27mhz radio. You know... just a plain old TTO1.

Yesterday a guy here on base offered me a HB Cyclone roller that is built up with a carbon fibre chassis, a bunch of aluminum parts for $60 so I jumped on that. I plan on throwing a BL system at it, just have to find one that won't break the bank, and a servo, and a 2.4 radio system, and a body, and lights, etc. The plan is to build it into a 180SX and go pretty scale with it. Engine bay, interior, roll cage, the whole nine yards. If anyone has any suggestions on what parts to throw at it, feel free to let me know! I've been looking at R2 for things like wheels, tires, body, and accessories. I'll go through hobbypartz for the BL system probably.

Anyways, sorry for the long winded post, but hey, it's a first post, gotta make it worthwhile!

Cheers,
Dylan
Welcome to DM

Since your in Japan go to Tam-tam,Banzai ect... there are tons of good RC drift hobby shops over there.
welcome to the forums.. you sir are in the middle of biggest scene for drifting both real & RC.. that was a good deal on the HB.. if you need help just pm me.. i used to own one and can guide you.. I was stationed in okinawa before and know how japan is..
Welcome to dm and good find on the cyclone that's a good deal
Thanks for the welcome guys! I need to ask around here and see if there are any good shops local to me up here on the north end of the main island.

Are there any things that you can get here that you can't get in the states for a drifter that I NEED to pick up while I'm here?

Thanks again!
you can get some of the baddest chassis that are hard to find or get for us anywhere else... hehe
If you don't mind, could you PM me a list of the chassis to look for? I have NO problem with getting some swank rigs while I'm here!

And if anyone has any serious requests for parts and such, just let me know, and I'll do my best to source it for you and ship them to you!
Welcome to DM!
Welcome to DM! I'm around Yokosuka area. Give us a heads if you make it down here. http://www.facebook.com/pages/RC-Driftin...3219347534. If you're up by Yokota, TAM TAM Hobby Shop is near by.
I'm up in Misawa, but if I make it down that way at all, I'll let you know! Thanks!
Pages: 1 2