DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: Newbie from NYC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello...

Never owned an RC, other than those I've bad as a child. So this should be fun.
I kind of jumped the gun before researching or asking questions, based on the limited knowledge I've gained by browsing.

Still waiting on delivery, but everything should come in by the end of next week.

HPI Sprint 2 Drift RTR w/ Camaro body
HPI Work Meister SP1 in chrome finish
HPI Lexus LS430 200mm clear shell
Spaz Stix color changing paint
MST TMB's in copper finish
An intercooler for the LS
Assorted tires to play around with

[attachment=786]

This is going to be a learning experience...

[attachment=787]
Here's a pic of the MST Copper TMB's

I do have some upgrades in mind for the Sprint 2 chassis, currently looking at the selection on the Asiatees website.

Not done researching what's most important yet though... Any suggestions?
Welcome I'm new to I did my research before I jump in but brought an hpi sprint 2 RTR 350 z and pick up an tamiya tt01-r with almost everything I just need receiver I'm already thinking about upgrades to lock my diff also already brought 6 mm offset rims an tyres good luck an happy drifting add me bro I'm from NYC TO Bronx .

(08-03-2013, 04:47 PM)Goldenseed Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome I'm new to I did my research before I jump in but brought an hpi sprint 2 RTR 350 z and pick up an tamiya tt01-r with almost everything I just need receiver I'm already thinking about upgrades to lock my diff also already brought 6 mm offset rims an tyres good luck an happy drifting add me bro I'm from NYC TO Bronx .

(08-03-2013, 04:47 PM)Goldenseed Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome I'm new to I did my research before I jump in but brought an hpi sprint 2 RTR 350 z and pick up an tamiya tt01-r with almost everything I just need receiver I'm already thinking about upgrades to lock my diff also already brought 6 mm offset rims an tyres good luck an happy drifting add me bro I'm from NYC TO Bronx .

Why do I need to lock the differential? I thought because it's a Sprint 2 Drift, it would one with that feature?

(08-03-2013, 07:03 PM)EdPrez Wrote: [ -> ]Why do I need to lock the differential? I thought because it's a Sprint 2 Drift, it would one with that feature?

sorry about muti message ipad acting up
welcome to DM!
(08-05-2013, 06:33 AM)robb41488 Wrote: [ -> ]welcome to DM!

Thanks

Are there any rc drift tracks in NYC/Bronx?
(08-05-2013, 09:44 AM)EdPrez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2013, 06:33 AM)robb41488 Wrote: [ -> ]welcome to DM!

Thanks

Are there any rc drift tracks in NYC/Bronx?

There are tracks I think by 241 an Wakefield or by your area just gotta look or start local group like I said hit me up bro maybe we can start an club I'm sure there are other who drift
What's Good Fellas? Listen Skavenger Drift Crew has an outdoor track in the park at 161 street and Jerome ave. Im from Brooklyn and I have been spending some time up there with my teammates from Team Drift Kraze... It's an open park the spot is right behind the bike/skate ramps...... Enjoy your first step into drift.....