DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: wheel questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so i just picked up a type c with the intentions of going rwd at some point.
However for now i just want to build a replica of my 1:1 car.
so I think the tamiya fr-s body is the best out there as far as realism, so i need to know what wheels to get now.
My 1:1 has grids on it and looks like this:
[Image: gridsnight_zps4815d2c7.jpg]
[Image: yotas_zpsbf83149e.jpg]
a quick buy would be to get hpi te37 rims in around 6mm offset. the only thing is that the hpi wheels are flat faced and they dont concave with large offset
(09-02-2013, 08:08 PM)awdracer Wrote: [ -> ]a quick buy would be to get hpi te37 rims in around 6mm offset. the only thing is that the hpi wheels are flat faced and they dont concave with large offset

yeah i was trying to get the shape of the spokes right...
not sure on offsets though
look up speedway pal also if you want concave te37
you can always go ebay route or r2hobbies since they sell rota wheels of the RC world. Their TE's actually look like rotas
(09-02-2013, 08:51 PM)lougc8 Wrote: [ -> ]you can always go ebay route or r2hobbies since they sell rota wheels of the RC world. Their TE's actually look like rotas
I know offroad rc racing is just like 1:1 racing as far as tire and wheel damage so I assume rc drifting will be like 1:1 also so rota wheels it is.
I cant afford to kill real te37s so i will stick with the rotas in the rc car too.
It just really depends on availability for me. If it certain brands was easily accessable and in stock I' get them always. Branded wheels cost not much more and better quality usually. Hpi and Mst are easy to find on ebay, but if your willing to wait for longer shipping or high shipping costs, rcmart and banzaihobby has a great amount of assorted wheels to buy
You should check out spice te37s they have about the same kind of spoke shape imo spice makes the best looking te37s
Exactly what Azn_2nr said, Spice TE-37's are your best choice.

Not in white, but you get the idea:
[Image: 005_zps5cdd0560.jpg]

[Image: 006_zps4a4bd7fa.jpg]
(09-03-2013, 02:04 PM)GenkiRF Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly what Azn_2nr said, Spice TE-37's are your best choice.

Not in white, but you get the idea:
[Image: 005_zps5cdd0560.jpg]

[Image: 006_zps4a4bd7fa.jpg]

i ordered some wheels from banzai hobby... cant remember which ones right now though.
Pages: 1 2