Forums

Full Version: Ebbi's Streetjam ZEON MkIV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
let me start with a complaint -BANZAI HOBBY YOU ARE SO UNRELIABLE.
I had a Red-spec DIB and wanted to go LWB. package i ordered before christmas never arrived and i didn't get any response for a month. eventually through paypal dispute i was able to get a response and they refunded me in full.
so i put in another order (my friend and i did a combined order under his name). and the 275 shell and 275 conversion kit are rendered 'out of stock' days after purchasing the bloody thing - hell! it's annoying as because it takes awhile to actually get the cash back into my account and all.
in summary: Unhappy with Banzai hobby. every order i place has missing parts due to 'out of stock' and general poor inventory management. unfortunately for them, i will not be using them any longer and recommend people stay away (this is a common problem for them)

now, onto the important stuff!
The DIB is a weird chassis and in short - i didn't enjoy it very much (especially compared to my TA06 MS), even with upgrades.
But desperately wanting LWB, i was on rcart and discovered the new STREETJAM ZEON MKIV shaft drift chassis! It's possibly the most adjustable chassis i've ever seen - seriously check out the holes on the lower deck. it's also very cool with adjustability of 3 wheelbases - SWB 257mm, LWB 275mm, and ULWB 290mm

so. within 24 hours, i posted the DIB for sale, got interest, got payment, and shipped it out! and the money i got paid for this new piece of kit entirely (Y) so much win when you get new toys, yet your bank account stays level!

here are some pics!
[Image: JdrjjkR.jpg]
[Image: WoOsKCp.jpg]
[Image: p3l6HPv.jpg]
[Image: EYZe351.jpg]
[Image: x0JhOB3.jpg]
compared to my OD TA-06MS whilst in ULWB 290mm mode
[Image: CLHK8yI.jpg]
got adjustability?
[Image: VPJ9r3l.jpg]
courtesy of HAYASHI:
[Image: e7U9W5m.jpg]
from Left to right: my Zeon MkIV, HAYASHI's Zeon MkIII, Phil's JECT Racing Conversion for DP and his upgraded DP
[Image: hZQZgvs.jpg]

so far i'm loving it! keep watch as lexus 290mm shell, CS and other steering and suspension bits make their way onto this awesome piece of kit!

if you have had/or currently own a ZEON, please drop HAYASHI and myself a link as to what you did for CS options, we'd love to hear it as we can't read japanese particularly well >.<
Looks good vincent!!
Whoaaaa....awesome. What colour will your SJ 290mm w/b Lexus GS350 body be?
Looks awesome

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Awesome chassis, what's the steering lock like otb? Od really like to run a shafty sometime, so direct feelng.

postup you nihongo links and we can try to get through them. Or use Bing translator (I like it better than google) and that usually gets you most of the way.
That's an awesome chassis! I really need to venture out and check out streetjam's line up. Didn't know they had an adjustable chassis.
the ULWB looks killer, like a limo starter kit..lol:^^:
i used 2.0 driftpackage on my 1st gen zeon.
wow i love that adjustability
Thanks guys!
a couple small updates from stock: adjustable chubs and rear hubs from eagle (cheap and cheerful for now). considering a type-C front setup, but i haven't got round to thinking it through yet :\ also on the books was a reverse of the steering so the motors in the rear... i'll get round to that when i have more time later in the year when i'm not on placement.
Alright. I've got a GRK2 cs kit coming in - no clue how that will go but hopeful! >.<
also coming in from rc-art is the LEXUS GS SUPER AMAZING LONG WHEELBASE SHELL! PLUS the Aero body kit to go along with it!
Very excited for this build :3 unfortunately will be a little while before i can actually get started on it, but keep a look out for when it comes!
Pages: 1 2