MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting! - Hello from NorCal!

DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: Hello from NorCal!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, brand new to drifting! I'm more of an offroad basher kinda guy but my coworker brought his tt01 into work and I just had to start drifting.
Few questions So I went down to my LHS and picked up a RTR hpi sprint 2 drift, and I know it brushed and Im planning on upgrading to brushless later on when I'm decent in the hobby.

Also what are a few good mods for this particular car that people usually consider a "must". Next can any 1:10 scale body fit on my chassis because I'm not really digging the 350z body but I did see a very sexy e30 body online. Thanks & its nice to be a part of drifting! :)
The Sprint 2 is a good car but severely limited. It would've been smarter to have looked into it before buying what was on the shelf. The Sprint 2 will need alot of time put into it to get it to feel "right"

That said, you can still mess around with suspension adjustments, CS is as simple as changing out the center pulleys, and the FOW and rear spool can still be had.

BTW, where in NORCAL you at?
WELCOME TO DM! and for a tt01 i would start with a locked diff and drift tires and an aluminum shaft. From there practice and have fun! As for bodies any 1/10 will fit but hpi bodies fit a little big on the tt01 but adding some wheels with offset wont hurt.

here are some pics of my old tt01 to give you an idea

body is a Tamiya r32 with speedway pal te37 7mm wheels
[Image: DSC00379-1.jpg]
(02-28-2014, 11:58 PM)Team_Ridiculous Wrote: [ -> ]The Sprint 2 is a good car but severely limited. It would've been smarter to have looked into it before buying what was on the shelf. The Sprint 2 will need alot of time put into it to get it to feel "right"

That said, you can still mess around with suspension adjustments, CS is as simple as changing out the center pulleys, and the FOW and rear spool can still be had.

BTW, where in NORCAL you at?

Yeah my coworker who has 6 drifters went with me to pick it up and he said its a good car to start learning on and is easily up-gradable later on. Plus the car RTR was only 248 bucks which was actually cheaper than on EBAY. I have no clue what those acryonoms mean T_T lol. Im in San Jose!

(03-01-2014, 12:02 AM)Mko2jzgte Wrote: [ -> ]WELCOME TO DM! and for a tt01 i would start with a locked diff and drift tires and an aluminum shaft. From there practice and have fun! As for bodies any 1/10 will fit but hpi bodies fit a little big on the tt01 but adding some wheels with offset wont hurt.

here are some pics of my old tt01 to give you an idea

body is a Tamiya r32 with speedway pal te37 7mm wheels
[Image: DSC00379-1.jpg]

I might've worded it weird where you misunderstood me lol my coworker brought in his tt01 I bought a hpi sprint 2 drift I was curious about body fitment on the hpi chassis
ah ok lol but like i said all bodies will fit.
(03-01-2014, 12:48 AM)Mko2jzgte Wrote: [ -> ]ah ok lol but like i said all bodies will fit.

Awesome! thanks lol :)
Welcome! I'm in norcal too
Welcome to DM

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
All 1/10 bodies. They're generally listed as 190 or 200mm width. Wider bodies can accept wider/higher offset wheels. Most chassis will allow slight wheelbase adjustment by moving the spacers on the the suspension arm pin.

watch out for m-scale bodies (1/12 scale or something)
Welcome :)
Pages: 1 2