Forums

Full Version: Little help choosing a chassis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will start off by letting you know that I am completely new to drifting. Yep a NOOB here. I have put a cap on what I want to spend on a chassis. I was looking at the whit wolf, but have been told that there are better ones in the same price range or less. I like the D3, but I think that what I have been looking at are just clones. RedCat totally screwed me so even if it was free I would not touch one.
I have three criteria for my car. 1: has to be belt drive 4wd, 2: has to have decent parts availability (you know I am going to crash) and 3: has to be a kit (I love building)
My budget is $200 or less for the chassis. I plan on running brushless with a 2s lipo. Thank you, Shaun

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alloy-Carbon-SAK...417a861bdf
This is the D3 I was looking at.
many threads about this here. one was here just right now.
can you meet your criteria with yokomo dib rs? i think yes.
or if you want to try and learn than sakura d3?
The problem is that I cannot seem to find any comparative comprehensive threads on the different cars.
Theres plenty of suggestion threads tho.

That d3 is a knockoff so quality is a little lacking. If your ok with that there is a thread on them somewhere here

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
If you could see what I have been learning to drift with you would say anything is a big upgrade. See I decided to try with a 15+ year old pan car. Now do not get me wrong here. She was a champion in her day with two championships in three years. However it has been used for parts and dust collection for the last number of years. It drifts to the left awesome, but not so much to the right. It was enough to let me know that I believe that I will enjoy drifting. So I got rear wheel drifting in, do not know if it is good or bad but I can drift ok that way. Shaun
I have that d3 clone and it is nice. Everything I have found online about it has been positive. No loctite so you are gonna have to reassemble it but after that what's to break. Parts shouldn't be a problem and durability should be pretty good. Shocks and ballcup are the main weak points I see. I find drifting to be much less abusive than other kinds of rc bashing. Main thing is to make sure everything stays tight. If you slam into stuff you are going to break what ever your driving.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

$220 shipped to my door with front one way. I am no expert but I couldn't pass I up once looking around.
[Image: 6ydy9u6u.jpg]

[Image: a4urumy8.jpg][Image: e8ydyqeq.jpg]

Cool, Thank You. I just ordered one, as I found mostly good reports of it. I am looking forward to getting it and seeing how I can do.Shaun
The yokomo dib RS is good right out of the box and there's tons of upgrades if u plan on getting deep into rc drifting
How did you get it so fast?
Good shipping? Do not really know. It took 9 days from placing the order to receiving it. Shaun