DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: new to the rc world but not to drifting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello fellow , my names alain, ive been lurking on DM for a couple weeks now but today i purchased my first rc, its a redcat lightning epx pro, i heard they are good and affordible beginner cars. I live in port saint lucie FL, i hope to learn alot about the sport her and make some new friends! Btw i said in my title im not new to drifting, ive owned and drifted several 240s for the last 6 years, but i have a family now and cant drive a bucket anymore lol, besides, rc drifting is alot easyer on my wallet!
Welcome to dm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Welcome to drift mission and most of all enjoy your stay.

Post up some pictures of your new Rc! Can't wait to see what you'll be drifting with.

This site is very useful and the people are friendly. If there is anything you need help with feel free to ask us with no worries.
(06-18-2014, 09:14 PM)ReMiXeDg Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to drift mission and most of all enjoy your stay.

Post up some pictures of your new Rc! Can't wait to see what you'll be drifting with.

This site is very useful and the people are friendly. If there is anything you need help with feel free to ask us with no worries.

Did some angle mods today
[Image: CAM00613_zpsniuwghtl.jpg]
[Image: CAM00598_zpsna4oywpr.jpg]
Welcome to DM!

Already starting on angle mods eh?

Don't forget to move the front shocks in on the A-arm as that will give you more clearance for steering angle!

Tuning is also important. Browse around and see what people are running. So many people run different things that you can try all of them and see what works for you.
Hey buddy, I have that chassis. I actually really liked it for bashing, durable and cheap.

I put some aluminium parts on mine, couldn't help it because they were so cheap on ebay,
don't think it made a difference but we all like the shiny stuff :P

Mine's a "rally" car right now because I have a drift chassis now but I had a lot of fun in carparks with my hsp/redcat/exceed and still love to bash it in the dirt and gravel.
(06-20-2014, 05:25 PM)Super0dp Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to DM!

Don't forget to move the front shocks in on the A-arm as that will give you more clearance for steering angle!

Tuning is also important. Browse around and see what people are running. So many people run different things that you can try all of them and see what works for you.

Lol yea after converting to rwd, i quickly noticed i needed more angle! Yea ive been trying to find threads with people running the same chassis, but no luck

(06-20-2014, 05:28 PM)Chickenman Wrote: [ -> ]Hey buddy, I have that chassis. I actually really liked it for bashing, durable and cheap.

I put some aluminium parts on mine, couldn't help it because they were so cheap on ebay,
don't think it made a difference but we all like the shiny stuff :P

Mine's a "rally" car right now because I have a drift chassis now but I had a lot of fun in carparks with my hsp/redcat/exceed and still love to bash it in the dirt and gravel.

Lol yea i like it so far, its really easy to use and for the most part, i can get an idea of what i want to do wit by looking at other rc since the chassis is so similar
(06-20-2014, 06:40 PM)Alain Tejeda Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol yea after converting to rwd, i quickly noticed i needed more angle! Yea ive been trying to find threads with people running the same chassis, but no luck

It's also sold as the HSP Flying Fish and Exceed Drift Star, if you haven't had a hunt under those names it might help you a bit.
(06-20-2014, 06:44 PM)Chickenman Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2014, 06:40 PM)Alain Tejeda Wrote: [ -> ]

It's also sold as the HSP Flying Fish and Exceed Drift Star, if you haven't had a hunt under those names it might help you a bit.
Thanks alot man! Btw do these have a chassis number/model like the tt01s?
Not as such but most of the ebay sellers go by the OEM HSP.

http://stores.ebay.com/china-tools2009/1...34.c0.m322 and there are many of these type.

They use the chassis with minor variations for monster/off-road and on road themed vehicles so make sure you double check part numbers :P
Pages: 1 2