MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting! - Drift newb from Oakland, Ca

DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: Drift newb from Oakland, Ca
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Not new to R\C but new to rwd Drift and elecectic in general. I use to be into nitro trucks and buggies when i was younger.

What I have ordered so far:

TT02 FRD and S8 servo from Eagle racing
Speed Passion Pro 1.1 Esc w/ V4.0 competition 8.5r motor
Spectrum DX4C Radio
Turnigy 5400 lipo and Thunder 680A 6A charger

I can't wait to get this car setup and running!
Where'd you purchase the FRD?
Hey welcome to the DM! Sounds like you have a good start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-14-2015, 05:14 PM)whey Wrote: [ -> ]Where'd you purchase the FRD?

From Broadtech.
Blue Here
Gold Here

Shipping was about $40 to California

(05-15-2015, 08:00 AM)JRozario Wrote: [ -> ]Hey welcome to the DM! Sounds like you have a good start!

Thanks JRozario!
I'm still waiting on my Motor and Esc to arrive.  ^^
Still in the build process.
Does anyone know if the v4 competition motors are suppose to be ran at the factory set 20 deg of timing or clocked back to 0?

[Image: IMAG1771_zps15m2sgnu.jpg]
Timing is up to you. You really don't need power for drifting so id reel it back to zero. You'll get less heat and more runtime.

Anyways go check out Fatlace in Union City. They can help get your RWD tuned and good to go. I still don't have a RWD chassis but ill still go out there from time to time just to hang out and drive other peoples cars. Also gives me an excuse to visit South City Red Robin.

Welcome to DM. I'm up here in Vallejo. DUBS ALL DAY!!!
(05-28-2015, 03:02 AM)Chiefy707 Wrote: [ -> ]Timing is up to you.  You really don't need power for drifting so id reel it back to zero.  You'll get less heat and more runtime.

Welcome to DM.  I'm up here in Vallejo.   DUBS ALL DAY!!!

Thanks Chiefy707!

Yeah I wish i could afford some Game tickets lol ^^