DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: Never drifted RC before!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whats up fellas!! Writing this from Canada! I've never drifted rc before. Only drifting action I have is on forza and rfactor. I would love to adopt this as my new hobby! I just need a car and i don't know which one to buy. I realize that there's belt and shaft driven chassis and that there's 50/50 and Countersteer setups. CS looks very cool to me but since I have no experience and so many questions do i post them here? or in a help section? Anyways...I'm so glad this forum exists, everybody seems so friendly and helpful! Have a good one everybody!
welcome!

where abouts in canada are you from? I'm from Port Coquitlam, BC.

As far as your questions go it all depends what you're looking to do, what your local scene is like etc.

I am a firm believer of starting with a sprint 2 (I own 4), pretty basic out of the box but you can modify them to whatever you need with pretty simple parts.
(05-19-2015, 11:56 AM)Gaelen Wrote: [ -> ]welcome!  

where abouts in canada are you from?  I'm from Port Coquitlam, BC.

As far as your questions go it all depends what you're looking to do, what your local scene is like etc.

I am a firm believer of starting with a sprint 2 (I own 4), pretty basic out of the box but you can modify them to whatever you need with pretty simple parts.

Hey! and ya i'm from the lower mainland too! About an hour outta Port Coquitlam. I am going to be visting the local hobby store this weekend to see what stock they have and to see if they know of any drift groups. I haven't seen any groups on facebook. Do you know of any in the lower mainland? Thanks for the reply!
Go with what Gaelen said, get a sprint 2 drift. I bought a sakura D3, and while I like the car, I am eyeing a Sprint 2 as an easier to learn on car.
(05-19-2015, 09:19 PM)jwyant Wrote: [ -> ]Go with what Gaelen said, get a sprint 2 drift.  I bought a sakura D3, and while I like the car, I am eyeing a Sprint 2 as an easier to learn on car.

Is the sprint 2 a belt or shaft driven chassis? Because i ultimately want to convert to a CS setup once i get more experienced. And what makes it an easier chassis to learn on? And what makes the D3 harder? Thanks for the reply!
Come hang out with us at afrorc.com if you'd like, we have a track built in new westminster and I can show you some of the cars I have built to give you an idea.

also, Stop by Gogo hobbies in coquitlam and tell him I sent you if you're looking for a starter car. Cam/Blair both know me well as I'm there a lot.

Sprint 2 is belt driven and Afro has a CS kit he sells. We also do how to videos using the sprint 2's on youtube if you're interested in setup and modifications.
I have really enjoyed Afro's sprint 2 videos! They have caused me to seriously consider buying one for my next street basher drifter.
(05-20-2015, 03:50 PM)jwyant Wrote: [ -> ]I have really enjoyed Afro's sprint 2 videos!  They have caused me to seriously consider buying one for my next street basher drifter.

Well keep watching.  

Video of my slide rack on a sprint 2 is up next ;)  

Needed more steering angle for the 4.5 car
Great! Can't wait to see it. The sprint 2 seems like a great basher for 50/50 setups (for my kids to learn on) and can be upgraded to go CS when they are ready correct? Looks like a good deal of hop up parts as well.
Pages: 1 2