DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: Hello Newb drifter from Chicago
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say hello from Chicago. My son (9 years old) and I (lets just say I'm older) have been rc drifting for a year now (although we both need a lot of practice). We are running Hpi Sprint 2's and I've been browsing youtube and google for tips. We are always eager to learn more about the hobby and I look forward to conversing with everyone.
Welcome!!! Where do you and your son usually draft, in the street? I ask because me and my family are about the same
(05-20-2015, 06:32 PM)jwyant Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome!!!   Where do you and your son usually draft, in the street? I ask because me and my family are about the same

Thanks for the welcome. we usually drift at a local park nearby. There's a concrete floor that used to house 2 basketball courts. They removed the baskets so now it's just a concrete slab in the middle of the park. I've been lucky that they haven't removed it. If it rains, we will come to the indoor parking garage at my work after work hours where the top floor of the garage remains pretty empty.
Great!!!
(05-21-2015, 09:02 AM)jwyant Wrote: [ -> ]Great!!!

Here's a picture of the park.  He's not drifting here but bashing a traxxas slash.  

[Image: park1.jpg]
Lots of space, nice!!!