DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: New Drifter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys I started drifting 3 months ago and I started with a brand new HPI E10 Drift S13. So far the only mods I have made have been aesthetic ones so nothing major.

This is what it looked like when I got it
[attachment=2764]

This is what it currently looks like
[attachment=2765]

So I was wondering what do you guys think would be the best next upgrade
(05-24-2015, 12:21 PM)evo8_99 Wrote: [ -> ]So I was wondering what do you guys think would be the best next upgrade

Try a different chassis.

Seriously, the E10 ain't worth mucking around with for too long.
(05-25-2015, 08:22 AM)tamiya Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2015, 12:21 PM)evo8_99 Wrote: [ -> ]So I was wondering what do you guys think would be the best next upgrade

Try a different chassis.

Seriously, the E10 ain't worth mucking around with for too long.

That's my problem. I don't want to completely get rid of the chassis. I want to make it better
There isn't a lot you can do with the E10... If you are really intending to upgrade this, start with shocks. At least those can be used on another chassis down the road.
(05-26-2015, 12:20 PM)Seegee911 Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't a lot you can do with the E10... If you are really intending to upgrade this, start with shocks. At least those can be used on another chassis down the road.

Alright dude :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using DriftMission.com
(05-25-2015, 12:13 PM)evo8_99 Wrote: [ -> ]That's my problem. I don't want to completely get rid of the chassis. I want to make it better

And here's the problem... E10 is one of those weird chassis where even if you throw a swag of cash onto it, it won't make it much better... so for better returns you should invest in something different.

(05-26-2015, 12:20 PM)Seegee911 Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't a lot you can do with the E10... If you are really intending to upgrade this, start with shocks. At least those can be used on another chassis down the road.

Nope not even that... sound like you've never touched an E10 before? =L

E10 uses weird unique shocks, the bottom sit on a ball knob.

Only thing worth upgrading on an E10 is ballbearings (to replace those funny huge bushings with the hex hole inside); DT might have bearings already. Anything more you're throwing good money after bad.
(05-27-2015, 10:08 AM)tamiya Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2015, 12:13 PM)evo8_99 Wrote: [ -> ]That's my problem. I don't want to completely get rid of the chassis. I want to make it better

And here's the problem... E10 is one of those weird chassis where even if you throw a swag of cash onto it, it won't make it much better... so for better returns you should invest in something different.

Nope not even that... sound like you've never touched an E10 before? =L

E10 uses weird unique shocks, the bottom sit on a ball knob.

Only thing worth upgrading on an E10 is ballbearings (to replace those funny huge bushings with the hex hole inside); DT might have bearings already. Anything more you're throwing good money after bad.

The top sits on a ball knob [WINKING FACE] I know the limits of the chassis but I don't want to get rid of it yet as I've only had it 2 and a half months :(

Nope. I never bought an E10. I downloaded the manual way back when I was comparing it to the sprint 2.
I would just get rid of the chassis and keep the shell but my problem is that I don't have the money right to now to upgrade to an Sprint 2

I wouldn't call a sprint 2 an upgrade. I started with the sprint 2 had it for maybe a month before I said "time for a real drifter." And so I went with ms01d pro. The sprint 2 is and upgrade from an e-10 yeah but still isn't gonna get you much farther unless you put a lot of money into.

Trane
Pages: 1 2