DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: new from the midwest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Im new to the rc world  but not to driting. I have a kiid on the way so getting a real drift car is out of the question so i going for the next best thing which i am quickly falling in love with this hobby. I figgue i should join a forum too get tips and tricks from people that have been doing this for a while. I got a hpi sprint 2 drift to learn on. Hope to learn much from you guys.
Welcome CMG!! The sprint 2 is a great starter to mid tier chassis. When my son "earns" a drifter, that is the one he will get.
Welcome to the forum CMG! I also have the sprint 2 that my son and I have been using. So far upgrades include front one way diff, locked rear diff, shaved down the steering knuckle and C Hub for better steering, and raikou d70 drift tires. These mods make a world of difference from the stock setup.
What surface do you use those tires on?? I am looking for some good basher tires for concrete.
Thanks having lots of fun with this car. I eventually plan on going rwd ...(aggressive cs, gyro, or just stright up rwd) but that down the road just wanna get use to this car for now. Thanks for the heads up on them mods Jgama will have to look into that.
CMG - No problem. Glad I could help. I forgot to mention that if you decide to shave down the C-hubs and steering knuckles, make sure to buy some HPI universal dogbones (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMCS4). The stock dogbones aren't that long and if you shave enough plastic off, the stock dogbones will pop out when you turn.

Jwyant - I mainly run on rough sidewalk type of concrete. The Raikou D70's are great for this surface and last quite a while. I've had my current tires on for the past month going to the park about 2-3 times a week for an hour each time and there is more than half of the tires left.
Thanks jgama!!