DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: Noob With a D4 AWD Preordered
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys.  I'm from Southeastern PA.  I have preordered a Sakura D4AWD as my first drift car.  I plan on putting a 13.5T or 10.5T motor in it.  I currently have both at home.  About a month ago I bought a Sakura XI Sport and as soon as I began driving it I drifted the stock tires bald.  I had some cheap, hard plastic drift tires lying around that I never used and began drifting even more.  That finally gave me the motivation to order the D4 because I've had the drifting itch for years from watching videos online.

What tires would you guys recommend for my D4?  I will be using it mainly in my driveway which is just like an asphalt parking lot.

I am looking for a Scion FR-S body/Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86.  I have seen them made by 3Racing, Associated, D-Like, Overdose, and Tamiya.  I don't like that the diffuser is a separate piece, but I understand it's because of the molding.  Is there any brand that offers a one-piece body without a separate rear diffuser or front end?

Thanks.

Here's a picture of my XI Sport.  
[Image: 19176446112_cf1b8c36e4_z.jpg]0621151902b
Mst hardest tire or hpi t drifts are good for an outdoor hard surface
Don't really understand your statement about the separate diffuser and front end. I had the Tamiya GT86 and it was a one piece body.

Good look on the D4. I want to pull the trigger on the RWD version but I dunno. I'd like to see the option parts first.
(06-26-2015, 09:04 PM)Chiefy707 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't really understand your statement about the separate diffuser and front end. I had the Tamiya GT86 and it was a one piece body.

Good look on the D4. I want to pull the trigger on the RWD version but I dunno. I'd like to see the option parts first.
I've seen some of the bodies come with separate diffusers. My question is which bodies are 1 piece? It's good to know the Tamiya body is one piece. With their reputation of quality I couldn't see them having a multi piece body so thanks for confirming.
The only multi piece bodies (lexan) that I know of are the Vaterra bodies.

Just saw some option parts for the D4, DEFINITELY preordering!!
(06-26-2015, 03:01 PM)glenyboy Wrote: [ -> ]Mst hardest tire or hpi t drifts are good for an outdoor hard surface
Somebody recombined Raikou D70 tires, but they're always out of stock. I'll try the HPIs.
(06-28-2015, 09:39 AM)Chiefy707 Wrote: [ -> ]The only multi piece bodies (lexan) that I know of are the Vaterra bodies.

Thanks. I'll get a Tamiya then

Sweet! Where did you see the option parts? I'd like to see them. I want this carbon fiber chassis purely for looks.
(06-28-2015, 12:40 PM)JatoTheRipper Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2015, 03:01 PM)glenyboy Wrote: [ -> ]Mst hardest tire or hpi t drifts are good for an outdoor hard surface
Somebody recombined Raikou D70 tires, but they're always out of stock. I'll try the HPIs.
(06-28-2015, 09:39 AM)Chiefy707 Wrote: [ -> ]The only multi piece bodies (lexan) that I know of are the Vaterra bodies.

Thanks. I'll get a Tamiya then

Sweet! Where did you see the option parts? I'd like to see them. I want this carbon fiber chassis purely for looks.

here-->http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-3ra...sis?page=3
3Racing already has a few parts up on its site: http://os.3racing.hk/search.php?products...&submit=GO
(06-26-2015, 09:04 PM)Chiefy707 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't really understand your statement about the separate diffuser and front end. I had the Tamiya GT86 and it was a one piece body.

Did your Tamiya GT86 body have pre-drilled holes? It appears that their Subaru BRZ body is pre-drilled so I'm not going to buy it.
Anybody - Does the Tamiya GT86 body have pre-drilled holes?
Pages: 1 2