DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
whats up my name is Shawn and I'm new the the rc/drifting scene. I recently got a hpi racing spring 2 flux awd w| 2s Lipo and a Skyrc gyro. I joined the fourm to learn more about rc drifting and if there's anything else I need to do before officially Being able to go out and start drifting. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Well I think you need to put your skates on and get out there and get your slide on. I knew someone with the same chassis and it was nice and smooth. He added a little weight in the front to keep the front end planted while the rear slid out more. However, if you are running awd, I recommend not to use that gyro. Its like driving a car with traction/stability control management but yet trying to drift. Many use it as training wheels as they are getting into rwd. Consider research about your camber. You'll need it on that car. This guy was running stock and after I adjusted the tire angles, the chassis improved dramatically. But hey, that's part of the whole deal... practicing with what you have and tuning. It's what I enjoy anyways. Welcome to DM. You'll learn a lot here.
Thank you for your reply. With the camber do you know how many degrees the tires should be? Also with adding weight to the front end what is the best method? The drift tires I currently have came assembled so I couldn't take them apart to add any lead to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11-07-2015, 04:46 PM)Vroomg35 Wrote: [ -> ]whats up my name is Shawn and I'm new the the rc/drifting scene. I recently got a hpi racing spring 2 flux awd w| 2s Lipo and a Skyrc gyro. I joined the fourm to learn more about rc drifting and if there's anything else I need to do before officially Being able to go out and start drifting. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Hi and Welcome Shawn post some pics up of your car mate and pics of your Bodyshell so us guys can see what it looks like if you need any help with anything do be shy to ask us guys we will always help you.
Sure

[Image: 82025a5da05a767bc54e35fe8e574e60.jpg]

[Image: bab00be279097887f048e07ce05495af.jpg]

[Image: e9a242b5fb34adb80cc34872234f13b2.jpg]

Nice I like the BMW Bodyshell mate looks good where you from mate.
It the stock body that came with my sprint 2 flux and I got it from my local hobby shop (buildrc)