DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: New Guy From Boston...With Some Questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Been lurking here for a few weeks once I found out RC drifting was a thing, and since I can't afford a drift car figured this is the next best thing!

Anyways, just bought a second hand drift car off ebay and I know it needs a few things but being new, a keen eye to check if all looks right and confirm what I think I need would be cool.  Heres what I have + some pics.

-3R Sakura D4 AWD w/ some upgrades
-Speed Passion Dokyo drift sped 6.5 brushless motor
-Speed Passion Riverton ESC w/ program box
-Giant Power 4000mAh 7.4v 65c Short pack battery

http://imgur.com/a/oRD2H

What I think (was told) I need:

-Transmitter
-Receiver
-Servo

Wires look all messed up being cut and taped and such, but this being my first not sure what's right and wrong here.

See ya around the forum!
Looks like that is all you need. And those wires look bad. I would solder those up with ur favorite plug. I prefer deans plug. But there is a better plug. Like an E3 or something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
(12-28-2015, 08:23 PM)619 drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like that is all you need. And those wires look bad. I would solder those up with ur favorite plug. I prefer deans plug. But there is a better plug. Like an E3 or something like that.

Cool thanks. Yeah wires looked pretty hacked up. Theres a shop/track pretty close  by that i'll take it to and have them take a look.
There's no need to solder on a Deans or EC3 connector for your battery, maybe just clean up your motor leads so that they're each one continuous length of wire instead of being spliced. 14 or 16 AWG silicon-jacketed wire should be fine. If/when you redo your wiring harness, make sure your battery leads are not the same length so you can only plug the positive plug into the positive terminal.

As for electronics (transmitter, receiver, servo), I'm partial to Futaba, but there are quite a few decent companies out there as well such as Sanwa and Ko Propo.

-Vic
I like to put a connector between the motor and the esc so I can change out motors.

So dropped everything off at a local shop/track to get put together. Just needed servo and trans/receiver but everything needed to be rewired and soldered so glad I brought it in. Picked it up today and ran it, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. Only walked away with some missing paint and body accessories which was nice. Also turns out battery puffed quite a bit so I need to buy a new one and a charger.
Awesome! Welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie. I just received my D4 kit this weekend, and I am looking forward to some major fun once all my parts get here.