Forums

Full Version: Sprint 2 RR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got my sprint 2 used about 2 months ago. Locked the rear diff and was drifting AWD. Started looking into CS set ups with different pulley set ups and what not. Then after drifting at Sheldon hobbies and one of the locals let me drive his RWD yokomo. After that I was hooked! Came home did some youtubing and forum searching, then started removing my front diff and belt. This is where I'm at so far until I uprgrade the steering some more.

[Image: 847bcddf3b5997037e0b620df6ed3f99.jpg]

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Just put it all back to stock, sell it on CL and buy a rwd chassis lol

If you're dead set on having a rwd sprint 2 look up Afro Drift on YouTube. I think he's converted a bunch to rwd
I'm building up one of my mine up as a RWD one at Afro's. We're trying to document it currently.

It's currently out getting some 3dparts made for it but they should be available for purchase shortly.

In the mean time we've had some very promising results getting steering out of the sprint 2's with a D3 front and and even more with the R31 sliderack we just finished.

http://afrorc.com/2016/810/
Will a d4 steering set up work?

Sent from my LG-H901 using RC Drift Handbook
no idea. Never tried it.

I can tell you with the D3 stuff and an R31 slide rack we've gotten some incredible angle on the CS car.

If i max the rack out it COULD be used for rwd.
Yea racing is coming out with a rwd conversion kit for the sprint 2 should be available soon I'm may get one I'm using a d4 and putting my stock d4 steering in my sprint 2 let's see how it gose will post pic soon

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using DriftMission
I ran my S2 RWD for a little bit, but I needed to shift around the components to balance the weight better. Other than weight, it handled being RWD really well. I've also done some steering mods to get max angle, but I did it a little differently than most.

There's a thread in the HPI Chassis discussion section with my current setup if you want some ideas. I have a second S2 that is gonna be built pretty much the same way but RWD.

Oversliders is also working on a RWD front bulkhead if you can wait for it to release.
If you plan on diving into the RWD world, I would recommend investing in a proper chassis. There's plenty out there already pre-built and ready for RWD. But I do have a Yokomo that I'm loving so far. You should wait for the YD2 that is releasing soon.

http://blog.rcmart.com/rc-1st-exclusive-...t-chassis/