DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: New to the drift world looking for car advise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, my names Ross and I'm from gloucester uk.
I'm really likening what people are doing in the drift scene, I want to get a car and I'd like to start doing some cs drifting, I've been racing on and offroad rc for along time now and just fancy a change, and some fun.
Can anyone point me int the right direction to buying a cs car or converting a car for cs. I don't have any tc's anymore that I could of converted so its going to be a new car. If people can let me know what they think I should start with and good and bad points to look out for. I've got brushless electric sat around from other cars to use, and I'm not looking for a really high end car just something that I can work up from.
Also if there are any uk drift clubs near to gloucester that I could run at if anyone knows of.

Thanks Ross
Perhaps I'm biased here but I say give any MST car a try.

There are currently 3 different MST chassis' available; MS-01, FS-01, and the sexy XXX-D. Each of those have different variants as well. The MS comes in Pro, S, GT, RTR, and VIP. The FS really only comes one way but there is an ultra rare VIP version out there if it's still available and if you can find one. The FS and the MS are belt driven. The XXX-D is shaft driven and comes in Pro, VIP RM, and VIP FM.
Anything MST followed by VIP cost alot but basically comes with every hop up so it actually ends up being a bargain.

More here @ MST's Site

Ideally you want to get something that your LHS carries but when it comes to drift that's not very common (at least around here, and even then you're limited to the HPI E10)

I say stay away from the clone cars. They may be cheap but you get what you pay for. The Sakura D3 is a great car for the price. Yokomo cars are good. Tamiya's are very high quality. Just do your research and listen to what the experienced guys have to say.
thanks for the advise chiefy, i will have a mooch around see what i like the look of then ask the questions.
thats what this forum is for :) and welcome!

(02-13-2013, 09:33 AM)Rossi25rc Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the advise chiefy, i will have a mooch around see what i like the look of then ask the questions.
Welcome.. The uk has a mst distributor so you wouldn't have problems getting parts and support for it.. It all depends on your budget and how far you wanna go with the hobby.. My advice is tryout a friends and if you like what he gots then go for it.. I began drifting by asking advice like you are.. And you are here in the right place. For discussions on different chassis.. Go to the chassis discussion section here.. And you can read up on people's experiences on different kinds of chassis... Driftmission is here to help you along the way... You will learn a lot here...
(02-13-2013, 10:48 AM)Combat_Drftr Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome.. The uk has a mst distributor so you wouldn't have problems getting parts and support for it.. It all depends on your budget and how far you wanna go with the hobby.. My advice is tryout a friends and if you like what he gots then go for it.. I began drifting by asking advice like you are.. And you are here in the right place. For discussions on different chassis.. Go to the chassis discussion section here.. And you can read up on people's experiences on different kinds of chassis... Driftmission is here to help you along the way... You will learn a lot here...

thanks combat, i will check them out a bit more as well, im not looking to spend loads on a chassis, nothing like i would on a top tc chassis, i dont know of a drift club near me that i could run the car at to justify a top drift car. so a cheap chassis at the moment will be good enough, i will go to my local on road club and get sideways for now. its indoors pretty small carpet track very tight and twisty. they wont mind me running it in the bottom touring class as im normally in the top heats there any way.
what turn brushless do peeps use as ive got a spare 10.5 and a spare 21.5?
the vids that ive watched of the cs drifting is hard to tell how quickly the cars are moving. i guess slow is good for control and i like the scale look too
that 10.5 will work just fine always prefer sensored though
(02-13-2013, 11:20 AM)Piper Wrote: [ -> ]that 10.5 will work just fine always prefer sensored though

of course.

can i use a tc chassis and convert to a cs car? i would need someone to explain gearing if i can do it
I'm sure it all depends on whats available for the chassis, the term Counter steer means to make the rear wheels rotate faster then the fronts. so for a belt driven chassis you would need pulleys and possibly a belt, for a shaftie you would need diff gears to change the ratio.
yeh i get the cs theory, but need to know if anyone has done it to what chassis and what would i need
Pages: 1 2