DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: Newb from Denver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, just saying hi from Denver, Colorado. I used to have a drifter in Texas (Team Associated TC5 converted to a drifter) and sold it as there wasn't much of a crowd there. Here in Denver I found a few guys who setup a track so decided to get back into it. I picked up a Tamiya TA06 and going to slowly convert that into a drifter. So far I changed the chassis with the RS6 conversion kit, mounted my old Hitec servo and Spektrum receiver. Waiting to get the Novak motor. Any suggestions to make it a true drifter is welcome!

[Image: 20160502_122047_zpsjogxzsno.jpg]

[Image: 20160502_122038_zpssbcxszhe.jpg]

[Image: 20160502_121952_zpsn9ismaf7.jpg]
Nice, welcome to DM and welcome back to R/C Drifting.
Thank you. I love how much info is on this site. Can't wait to get into it more.
Welcome to the forum!

After seeing your TA06, I've decided to purchase an Exotek carbon conversion and see about building a RWD version by not running the belt to the front differential and swapping out the front suspension with Y-arms.

I don't know if you've found this, but there seems to be a lot about the chassis (mainly CS) here: http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread-tamiya-ta06

Regards,
Vic
Thanks! Yeah I saw those conversion kits shortly after I bought the RS6 kit. I might do that too as it will give a better sense of drifting. The biggest advantage of the swap was the battery removal part, as I did not like the factory setup. But always loved the carbon look. I started reading that thread and glad to see there is a lot of info to read up on.
One thing I found helpful when working on a build or conversion is to take notes on a Google Spreadsheet. That way you can formulate various parts lists, keep track of them and your orders, when trying to figure out what it is others have done.

Regards,
Vic
Well got my motor in and put everything together. She's is ready!

[Image: 20160506_064633_zpsjulvkpnp.jpg]
[Image: 20160503_215550_zpszlr3hwgp.jpg]