Forums

Full Version: My Yokomo Yd-2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Amazing chassis. 
All stock except with a few modifications 
*six hole bored out rear pistons
*bored out front pistons 
*40wt oil rear, 60wt front

Speed Passion Reventon R
Speed Passion Drift Dori motor
Savox Black Editon 1257
Boom Racing 007 Gyro
Futaba RX

Not much tuning needed out the box. I built it to exact stock spec and doing reverse entries on command. 

[Image: yd2_zpsporidpa8.jpg]

[Image: yd21_zpsyeoi5wdz.jpg]
[Image: yd23_zpsyqk2fctb.jpg]
How much weight did you add to the rear diffuser?

-Vic
The Yokomo is looking great. I just received one myself and plan to get it together today. What wheel offset and body are you using? I'm currently looking at MST wheels with +5.
Nice, probably be the biggest selling chassis of the year. Keep us updated on it.
I am thinking of getting this chassis.
What's your opinion on it?
There is lots of setup available from other drivers on how it should be set up, so if you are looking for a carpet or asphalt, there is plenty where as a setup to concrete has just been released, search on Facebook, YD2 Yokomo, a closed group but just ask for membership as i also requested access and after 30 min i was in.

Myself have a question about the toe bloks since they are described in mm and if i have at the RF a toeblock of 43.5mm and put on a original 48.7mm at the RR, when thinking about it, it looks like -3.0 toe in..

I've also bought a YD-4 suspension combined part, i got a 44.3 and 48.7mm toeblock in plastic. So if i put a 44.3mm at the rear, does that give me like -0.5 toe in?
(09-02-2016, 10:51 AM)Woodsnail Wrote: [ -> ]There is lots of setup available from other drivers on how it should be set up, so if you are looking for a carpet or asphalt, there is plenty where as a setup to concrete has just been released, search on Facebook, YD2 Yokomo, a closed group but just ask for membership as i also requested access and after 30 min i was in.

Myself have a question about the toe bloks since they are described in mm and if i have at the RF a toeblock of 43.5mm and put on a original 48.7mm at the RR, when thinking about it, it looks like -3.0 toe in..

I've also bought a YD-4 suspension combined part, i got a 44.3 and 48.7mm toeblock in plastic. So if i put a 44.3mm at the rear, does that give me like -0.5 toe in?

For all you YD-2 builders, I would recommend Yokomo's website as a resource because under the "Manual & Settings" Tab you can find a couple of different charts, including rear toe in and front caster:

[attachment=3545]

http://www.teamyokomo.com/download/manua..._chart.pdf

RF 43.5 + RR 48.7 = 3.5 degrees of toe in.
RF 43.5 + RR 44.3 = ~0.5 degrees of toe in.

I hope this helps.

-Vic