Forums

Full Version: Genki's Overdose Type-C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
aye aye aye

And thats not including the donor or the RC926 parts, driveline sets etc.

But....

just look at it! awesome!!!
Russ, you're a bad influence!! hahaha j/k... Received a pretty dope package in the mail today ^^~

[Image: 001_zps54aba700.jpg]

Sanwa Limited Edition Brushless combo in Blue. Awesome.

Sanwa Super Vortex Zero ESC
Sanwa SRG-BLS Version 2 Digital Servo
Sanwa RX-472 Receiver

I'll buy a motor soon (Accuvance Luxon KG), and use the Sanwa combo to get the Type-C up and running. My plan was to eventually buy a Tachyon Aria ESC down the road and move the Sanwa Super Vortex ESC to my second doripake I'm building... but I'm not sure anymore...

This might push me to buy the Sanwa M12 controller I've been wanting for a long time. You can control all the Super Vortex ESC functions using the Sanwa M12 controller... double awesome. Time will tell what the future holds hahaha.

@_@;;
我来自中国,无意看到你的OVERDOSE TYPE-C的过程。我自己也拥有一部OVERDOSE 的TYPE-C。发表上来一起分享
Nice job man, looks good~
LOVE your chassis GenkiRF , it lis amazing . not much of the donor left . looks like you could buy a type c bearing set , sus. pin set , and rebuild it .
(11-09-2013, 06:52 PM)sincity drifter Wrote: [ -> ]LOVE your chassis GenkiRF , it lis amazing . not much of the donor left . looks like you could buy a type c bearing set , sus. pin set , and rebuild it .

Thanks! And good guess, I've actually slowly started rebuilding the original with all the leftovers Tongue
I sold a few parts along the way though, so I've slowly been collecting the missing bits.
The plan is to make a budget RWD Drift Package~ Big Grin
what are you missing ? I have left over parts from mine . stock steering knuckles (all 4 ) + 2 plastic steering knuckles for real calibers , rear uprights for real calibers type b , stock steering wiper set , complete plastic high angle steering set , 1 extra transmission case , + more . I actually broke my tub chassis and still using too many parts , so no chance of rebuilding mine .
(11-09-2013, 09:27 PM)sincity drifter Wrote: [ -> ]what are you missing ? I have left over parts from mine . stock steering knuckles (all 4 ) + 2 plastic steering knuckles for real calibers , rear uprights for real calibers type b , stock steering wiper set , complete plastic high angle steering set , 1 extra transmission case , + more . I actually broke my tub chassis and still using too many parts , so no chance of rebuilding mine .

I actually bought a lot of the major missing parts used already~ sorry man, I appreciate the offer though. Saving money is always nice ^^

All that's left to buy really is the parts I want to upgrade over stock.

Also, Overdose is finally releasing their rear Type-B arms...
http://ameblo.jp/overdose-yodo/image-116...78497.html
I've been thinking of ditching the rear Active setup on the Type-C recently. After running it on my DIB I feel a higher grip track, with a larger layout than what we have at our local track allows you to make better use of a setup like this.
Not much progress has been made lately... I bought some parts for another project before they sold out, so the Type-C was once again neglected lol... ~_~;;

I received some 15mm standoffs from Wrap-Up Next though, and was able to mount the servo with some additional spacing. Sanwa SRG-BLS Version 2.
[Image: 005_zpsdc730123.jpg]

[Image: 007_zps01d4f834.jpg]

I'm happy I went this route, the blue is a perfect match to the rest of the anodizing.
[Image: 006_zps070c2163.jpg]

The other change was just a cosmetic one, added an Overdose Vacula front bumper set... Necessary? Nope Big Grin
[Image: 008_zps4a64d59c.jpg]

This bumper is not a direct fit to the Doripake though.
[Image: 009_zpsbb884edd.jpg]
ready to bring it out yet?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21