DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!

Full Version: Genki's Overdose Type-C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Haha damn, we all find inspiration from each other. My build was inspired by RE-Xtremes builds on his blog. I can account his blog for my Overdose addiction LOL.
It always feels nice to be able to inspire a build though, thank you for the kind words. I really can't wait to see your FR-D done.
As for my own FR-D build, it's still a little ways off, but I have a solid image of the direction I'll be taking it in. I also have a pretty big stockpile of parts for it, so I don't have a whole lot left to buy either xD

Now for an update on my Type-C ^^;;

I just ordered the following:
Acuvance Tachyon Aria ESC in Shine Blue
Acuvance Luxon BS Dual 9.5T motor

The car is getting even closer to the light at the end of the tunnel...
I still have to buy a TAO program card, and some assorted cables/mesh sleeving for the wiring ect, but it's getting real close now >.<
It's easy to get hooked.

My DRB is still not finished.

I'm getting a Kazama motor mount so I can use the adjustable Belt position

Airia... I want one with turbo. I want to make my keyence 7.5T Scream!!!!
4 chassi and 3 sets of electrics dont' go.

Damn RC hobby.
(12-20-2013, 08:29 PM)RE-Xtreme RC Wrote: [ -> ]Airia... I want one with turbo. I want to make my keyence 7.5T Scream!!!!
Thats what im running and in my zeon and it sure does scream! Devil
@GenkiRF, you can borrow my TAO if you need it
(12-20-2013, 09:56 PM)HAYASHI Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2013, 08:29 PM)RE-Xtreme RC Wrote: [ -> ]Airia... I want one with turbo. I want to make my keyence 7.5T Scream!!!!
Thats what im running and in my zeon and it sure does scream! Devil

I thought the Aria was only rated for an 8.5t motor when running boost?

I can't wait to see my car move lol T_T

(12-24-2013, 05:26 PM)pkstylez Wrote: [ -> ]@GenkiRF, you can borrow my TAO if you need it

Thanks man. :D I'll take you up on that offer if I don't buy one before I make it back to the track. I've been really busy with work though, so I might not be able to make it back until mid January T_T

How are you liking your new Keyence setup so far?
GenkiRF Wrote:I can't wait to see my car move lol T_T
can't wait to see it come alive as well!

GenkiRF Wrote:I've been really busy with work though, so I might not be able to make it back until mid January T_T
How are you liking your new Keyence setup so far?
mid Jan seems so far away...
The setup is nice, real smooth, currently just running 50% output... don't want to strip more gears (cough cough)
experimenting with suspension takes priority Devil
Christmas came a bit late for me
[Image: 001_zpseed41944.jpg]

Gonna have to wait until I have some free time to solder this thing up.
I have a few more things on order as well, just waiting for the holidays to end in Japan. Won't be too much longer now ^^
Nice setup! I can't wait to see this bad ass chassis finished.
(12-30-2013, 05:16 PM)GenkiRF Wrote: [ -> ]Christmas came a bit late for me
[Image: 001_zpseed41944.jpg]

Gonna have to wait until I have some free time to solder this thing up.
I have a few more things on order as well, just waiting for the holidays to end in Japan. Won't be too much longer now ^^

heh, damn holidays. I'm waiting on to many packages at the moment.
Unfortunately I don't have an update on the car right now. I haven't spent any time on the car since around early December as I've been really busy, and inactive as far as rc goes since then. I have made a few orders though, and played around with a few minor things on the car... My schedule should go back to normal next weekish, so I hope to be able to put some time in then and get this car up and running ^____^;; HOPEFULLY!

Until then, looks like I have some more purchases I will eventually make after I get the car running LOL... Overdose addiction, it's real.

Overdose Drive Shaft
http://ameblo.jp/osobaya/image-117516069...42603.html
Overdose Front One-Way
http://ameblo.jp/osobaya/image-117516069...42602.html

Aluminum Turnbuckles are a maybe... the sizes don't transition very well to the DP.

I've come this far, so why stop now :P Full OD or bust.
What else will they come out with? I've read they are working on a few more things...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21