Forums
MST FMX-D - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://forum.driftmission.com)
+-- Forum: Chassis Setups (https://forum.driftmission.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) (https://forum.driftmission.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: MST FMX-D (/showthread.php?tid=11087)

MST FMX-D - keala599 - 11-04-2016

Hey guys, bit the bullet yesterday and ordered an mst fmx-d lastnight, futaba 3003 servo and a speed passion reventon r/speed passion competition drfit 8.5T.  I have a spectrum radio system I'll throw in it, but need opinions on a good budget gyro and a quality body for a reasonable price,  I really like the look of pandora shells but am afraid they wont fit, preferably a 4 door skyline, or silvia s13/s14/s15.  I'd like to keep the gyro/body purchase under 75 as I have spent more than I'd like to admit already ha-ha, I've been bit by the bug and need something to scratch.
Thanks

-Keith

RE: MST FMX-D - PedroC - 11-05-2016

I think the fmx comes with a gyro already

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RE: MST FMX-D - keala599 - 11-05-2016

(11-05-2016, 11:49 PM)PedroC Wrote: I think the fmx comes with a gyro already

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That'd be really awesome, I purchased mine of hobbybest via amazon, got it discounted.  Didn't mention anything about a gyro included

RE: MST FMX-D - Woodsnail - 11-07-2016

If you want to drift rwd, there is no such as a "budget" gyro in my oppinion.

Either get the MST LSD 2.0 S/RS, 3.0 RS or the Yokomo YG-302 (Rebranded D-like gyro)

The 2.0 is a good gyro, i've had it for a year but the 3.0 is truly better with 3 modes of gyro responsive curves.

The YG-302 is a high precise gyro that comes in either a plastic or D-like branded plastic and alu version, it's a lovely gyro that gives the MST 3.0 a run for it's money, quite neck and neck between our local rwd drivers.

A cheap body would be a prepainted body from ebay, if you don't care about how it looks and just want any body on there..

RE: MST FMX-D - Noctophobia - 11-08-2016

(11-04-2016, 09:57 PM)keala599 Wrote: Hey guys, bit the bullet yesterday and ordered an mst fmx-d lastnight, futaba 3003 servo and a speed passion reventon r/speed passion competition drfit 8.5T.  I have a spectrum radio system I'll throw in it, but need opinions on a good budget gyro and a quality body for a reasonable price,  I really like the look of pandora shells but am afraid they wont fit, preferably a 4 door skyline, or silvia s13/s14/s15.  I'd like to keep the gyro/body purchase under 75 as I have spent more than I'd like to admit already ha-ha, I've been bit by the bug and need something to scratch.
Thanks

-Keith

The fmx doesn't come with a gyro.
With my build I've bought the MST lsd 3.0 gyro.
Also bought the pandora 180sx origin lab and fits well the body.

RE: MST FMX-D - keala599 - 11-08-2016

Really appreciate the  help guys, thanks heaps.  Just purchased a pandora r33 skyline shell, looking to paint gun metal with silver highlights with black rims. still deciding on the gyro, but I  pretty much have everything I  need so far.  Also thinking about upgrading my radio to a futaba t3pv, anyone know anything on that radio? havent seen any reviews for it.

RE: MST FMX-D - psyclobe - 01-07-2017

Just got this chasis too, going to pair it with sanwa super vortex type D, SGS-01D Gyro, MKS x6 servo, Sabwa RX0482, and a 10.5 turn reedy motor. Looking forward to being able to adjust the gyro settings and what not from the M12S transmitter.

RE: MST FMX-D - psyclobe - 01-13-2017

Coming along, don't really know what I'm doing..
[Image: 0XwZp2CuhrGXsC0LJ8Ca4ZtWDF6liU9WR8M4nsbq...0-h2160-no]