DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!
Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? - Printable Version

+- DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting! (https://forum.driftmission.com)
+-- Forum: Chassis, Styles, and Product Discussions (https://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-chassis-styles-and-product-discussions)
+--- Forum: Electronics (https://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-electronics)
+--- Thread: Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? (/Thread-have-you-used-gens-ace-5000mah-29-lipo-for-you-drift-cars)

Pages: 1 2

Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? - Mayme - 07-04-2017

[attachment=3754]
Hi,guys, I wanna use use this lipo for my TLR 22-4, someone recommend it , and it 50% off now, I wanna use for my thing. But any guys use it ?

RE: Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? - Woodsnail - 07-04-2017

I'm sure it would work - just don't buy a battery with too high Mah, because the weight of the battery increases..

And running competitive with a TLR 22-4 maybe a lower mah and lower weight would help - But it has increased run time so there is a choice there..

RE: Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? - BCTT02 - 07-05-2017

Gens ace are great batteries! I use th full pack in my tt02 and the half packs in my M chassis so i can move the weight around as needed! And always try to get a very high MAH and as high a C rating as you can, the weight will not increase at all , its almost as if the guy above me has zero idea what he is talking about, the weight will increase if you add a S cell to it, IE if you buy a 3S as opposed to a 2s but 2s are fine for cars .

RE: Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? - littlemonsta - 07-05-2017

Imo, this battery is fine. I use 6000mah long packs. Short packs are better for most cars. I have seen a couple of people use this brand but they look a little different from the picture.

I recommend using 60-80c batteries for cement and epoxy. Higher c rating for carpet.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

RE: Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? - Mayme - 07-05-2017

(07-04-2017, 04:22 AM)Woodsnail Wrote:  I'm sure it would work - just don't buy a battery with too high Mah, because the weight of the battery increases..

And running competitive with a TLR 22-4 maybe a lower mah and lower weight would help - But it has increased run time so there is a choice there..

thank you, really great!1

RE: Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? - Gramps50 - 07-05-2017

(07-05-2017, 05:47 PM)littlemonsta Wrote:  I recommend using 60-80c batteries for cement and epoxy. Higher c rating for carpet.

Why a higher C rating for carpet?

RE: Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? - littlemonsta - 07-05-2017

(07-05-2017, 08:51 PM)Gramps50 Wrote:  
(07-05-2017, 05:47 PM)littlemonsta Wrote:  I recommend using 60-80c batteries for cement and epoxy. Higher c rating for carpet.

Why a higher C rating for carpet?
You have more grip for carpet. Higher c feels like more spin on the wheels. You get better speed output because it's gripping more. However some people in my track have reported that 100c lipo are difficult to drive too even on carpet. Then again maybe they have set the car incorrectly.

To put it in relation with turbo setting on epoxy/cement. Too much wheel spin means a slower car. Normally this setting is turned off on this surface. I find the best setting is with 60 - 80 c lipo. Assuming all other factors are not changed. ( FDR, EPA, etc) my FDR is fixed for both epoxy and carpet. The only use for turbo in epoxy/cement is to slow the car down more in corners when chasing a slower car.

For carpet, we have more grip. As tires heat up we get so much grip that it is harder to drift . The longer you run, the rear tires heat up more and the more grippy it gets. So with a higher discharge rating your wheels are also spinning faster due to higher output to compensate the grip of tires.

That's my 2 cents

RE: Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? - BCTT02 - 07-06-2017

Um do you guys understand what a C (capacity) is? It surely doesn't have any thing to do with grip..... it's amps under load , so a higher C rating will give you a larger burst capacity and more even distribution of power under load. Grip comes from your tires and if your spinning you have too much power being delivered to the wheels. This is possibly the worst bit of misinformation about how batteries work that I've ever heard. Batteries give you grip. Okay guys time to go read a few more books about lipos.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RE: Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? - BCTT02 - 07-06-2017

You would use your suspension to make your wheels stick. Ie backwheels spinning use harder shocks which push the tires into contact. Absolutely nothing to do with c rating or mah. The weight of the battery will also contribute to grip but hopefully that's self explanatory.... I'd love to race guys like this at my track. I'd be cleaning house with their lack of setup knowledge...

RE: Have You Used Gens ace 5000mah 29# Lipo for You Drift Cars? - littlemonsta - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 07:56 AM)BCTT02 Wrote:  Um do you guys understand what a C (capacity) is? It surely doesn't have any thing to do with grip..... it's amps under load , so a higher C rating will give you a larger burst capacity and more even distribution of power under load. Grip comes from your tires and if your spinning you have too much power being delivered to the wheels. This is possibly the worst bit of misinformation about how batteries work that I've ever heard. Batteries give you grip. Okay guys time to go read a few more books about lipos.

I totally agree with you on what the c rating is. What you say is absolutely correct. However as you have mentioned it affects the burst in power. Does that affect the whole system of the car ?

Like I said if everything is constant, you would have more power in a high c rated battery. You would feel the car has more spin. On epoxy too much spin isn't good. Too much power isn't good.