DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!
YD-2 EX RWD , IS IT LEGIT ? - Printable Version

+- DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting! (https://forum.driftmission.com)
+-- Forum: Chassis, Styles, and Product Discussions (https://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-chassis-styles-and-product-discussions)
+--- Forum: Chassis Discussions (https://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-chassis-discussions)
+---- Forum: Yokomo (https://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-yokomo)
+---- Thread: YD-2 EX RWD , IS IT LEGIT ? (/Thread-yd-2-ex-rwd-is-it-legit)

YD-2 EX RWD , IS IT LEGIT ? - madeinjapandad - 09-23-2017

Is it by YOKOMO ? Is it original ?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yokomo-YD-2-EX-RWD-Competition-R-C-Drift-Car-Chassis-Kit-1-10-Carbon-Aluminum-/162471619116?hash=item25d4102a2c:g:sWoAAOSwAANY7ony

How much of a difference does this make in terms of performance realistically ?

Would a dedicated noob benefit from something like this, why not just make a kit that is RTR that comes like this or like "VIP" models , fully suped and ready to go ? Why can't someone just make 1 RTR that is FULLY decked out with everything one could need or want out of the box , all we noobs would have to do is focus on picking rims, colour , body type and learning how to control the thing !!!!

If it was in the market i'd purchase it... I simply don't want something else has built , which leaves me with 1 option , back to square 1 , purchasing the YD-2 or the MST S 2.0 and starting from scratch. 

NOOB QUESTION...

The chassis kit doesn't indicate if its a C.S chassis , so NOOBS like myself are to automatically assume its NOT a C.S chassis , correct ?

Thank You and please forgive the ignorance . 

RE: YD-2 EX RWD , IS IT LEGIT ? - R.SOLO.W - 09-23-2017

No front diff case nor any belt or shaft going to the front seeing that the motor mounts to the rear or any axles behind the front wheels. Rwd for sure.
Looks pretty good to me also. Theres no kpi issue like my darn d4. Everything is adjustable. The only thing is that the rear diff case looks like a bit of a pain to put together. Just my opinion. I may be wrong.

RE: YD-2 EX RWD , IS IT LEGIT ? - R.SOLO.W - 09-23-2017

Also if you're worried about having trouble putting it together, i think you can have them build it for you for some extra money. The owner at my local rc shop puts them together if you pay. Maybe yours can too.

RE: YD-2 EX RWD , IS IT LEGIT ? - madeinjapandad - 09-24-2017

Excellent info , and by the way , you just indirectly answered one of the things I've been wondering , "how to identify from looking at a chassis if its RWD or CS" . Thank U so much ... so thats the way to tell ? Someone should make a list of how to visibly tell what type of a chassis they are looking at.

RE: YD-2 EX RWD , IS IT LEGIT ? - R.SOLO.W - 09-24-2017

Lol i mean yeah if you know what you're looking at mechanically it would be common sense.
Im guessing you're pretty new to rc or mechanics in general.

RE: YD-2 EX RWD , IS IT LEGIT ? - madeinjapandad - 09-25-2017

(09-24-2017, 08:49 PM)R.SOLO.W Wrote:  Lol i mean yeah if you know what you're looking at mechanically it would be common sense.
Im guessing you're pretty new to rc or mechanics in general.

You could say that... I left the RC game LONG AGO , like Grasshopper era , lol... or the generation after ; but to be honest , I was simply thrown off by the RWD / C.S issue , its been cleared up , Ive learned so much thanks to everyone here... I actually have no more questions. I know what I'm purchasing and in the past 24 hours I've read just about everything there is to read regarding drifting...NEXT STEP...ACTUALLY GET TO DRIFTING , WISH ME LUCK and thanks to all you folks out here who helped.

P.S

To be honest I'm fully aware what RWD is and how it works , its obviously the definition and concept of C.S in drifting that threw me off , especially some of the original explanations I got on the issue. You should see some of the first responses i got on C.S research , you would cry of laughter, now that i understand what it is , i understand how sadly ignorant some of the people who were helping me were. None the less , i appreciate anyone trying to help out , always have and always will...its the effort to help that counts, everyone makes mistakes.

RE: YD-2 EX RWD , IS IT LEGIT ? - Tiger.T - 09-25-2017

(09-23-2017, 06:11 AM)madeinjapandad Wrote:  Is it by YOKOMO ? Is it original ?
Yes and Yes. It is also sold by Falcon hobby supplies which is in Saint Louis area. Good people. I have actually met Spencer who takes care of the drift related stuff there. 

How much of a difference does this make in terms of performance realistically ?
The difference between this and the base is that it's a lot more rigid due to the fact that it has the carbon decks and alloy parts. Performance wise it will be more precise and more responsive to your tuning than the plastic stuff. That will also make it a bit more difficult as a noob to tune it right from the get go. Flex in the chassis is actually good when you starts as it compensate for the lack of precise tuning. 

Would a dedicated noob benefit from something like this, why not just make a kit that is RTR that comes like this or like "VIP" models , fully suped and ready to go ? Why can't someone just make 1 RTR that is FULLY decked out with everything one could need or want out of the box , all we noobs would have to do is focus on picking rims, colour , body type and learning how to control the thing !!!!
Part of the reason why no one makes that is because it's often time too expensive when you tally everything together. Most chassis companies rarely have their own electronic company for both motors, ESC, servo, and radio so they have to purchase third party items which they don't necessarily get huge discounts on, therefore less profitable, so less return to the company itself. 
In the case of yokomo and MST, I thnk it's just marketing strategy though. more money for them working that way. 

If it was in the market i'd purchase it... I simply don't want something else has built , which leaves me with 1 option , back to square 1 , purchasing the YD-2 or the MST S 2.0 and starting from scratch. 

NOOB QUESTION...

The chassis kit doesn't indicate if its a C.S chassis , so NOOBS like myself are to automatically assume its NOT a C.S chassis , correct ?
In yokomo world, when the model code uses a 2 it's 2wd, when it's using a 4, it's 4wd. YD-2 is RWD. YD-4 is 4WD.

Thank You and please forgive the ignorance . No worries we are here to help.