DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!
Can you guys identify these chassis? - Printable Version

+- DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting! (https://forum.driftmission.com)
+-- Forum: Chassis, Styles, and Product Discussions (https://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-chassis-styles-and-product-discussions)
+--- Forum: Chassis Discussions (https://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-chassis-discussions)
+---- Forum: Yokomo (https://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-yokomo)
+---- Thread: Can you guys identify these chassis? (/Thread-can-you-guys-identify-these-chassis)

Can you guys identify these chassis? - Ille_Jandro - 10-02-2017

I got these two incomplete chassis and the chassis plate at the flea market. I wanted to know what chassis these are to look for parts and possibly finish them up. I did get a bunch of spare/option parts as well with the chassis.[Image: 51d7c997fccb216abde98734cbf2d34c.jpg][Image: 7c4a7126334d82fe12af2f3275b7b48c.jpg][Image: 1db25c28f33775c9cd3349838f5f30e0.jpg][Image: 166bc24b3c309abd07e207ee3c4a6f87.jpg][Image: 148d3960794b443dddf848d181f3ea8c.jpg][Image: 2e6fc8ecf74ca1c0ae72a5b872c87fcf.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RE: Can you guys identify these chassis? - Tiger.T - 10-03-2017

Top one is a Yokomo MR4TC-SD SSG Special.
It's an upgraded version of what is known as the Drift Package Type B nowadays.
The one below is the base version of the Type B with all the plastic.
The other deck seems to be the black carbon version of the SSG.
You can definitely rebuild them and drift the hell out of it. It's a really great find. I hope you go it for a good deal. These can go up to $600 new on ebay because they are discontinued.
Your SSG seems to have had it's damper removed and replaced with cheap-o ones. Unless these are TRF dampers, I'd look to have those replace with Yokomo genuine ones.
Also, if you want to go RWD, Yokomo makes a kit for $130 that drops right in.
Everything for Drift Package will work with this car.

RE: Can you guys identify these chassis? - Ille_Jandro - 10-03-2017

(10-03-2017, 07:22 AM)Tiger.T Wrote:  Top one is a Yokomo MR4TC-SD SSG Special.
It's an upgraded version of what is known as the Drift Package Type B nowadays.
The one below is the base version of the Type B with all the plastic.
The other deck seems to be the black carbon version of the SSG.
You can definitely rebuild them and drift the hell out of it. It's a really great find. I hope you go it for a good deal. These can go up to $600 new on ebay because they are discontinued.
Your SSG seems to have had it's damper removed and replaced with cheap-o ones. Unless these are TRF dampers, I'd look to have those replace with Yokomo genuine ones.
Also, if you want to go RWD, Yokomo makes a kit for $130 that drops right in.
Everything for Drift Package will work with this car.

Thanks for letting me know. I believe I got a good deal, $200 for all. Im going to be taking them apart to see what really is missing. Going to look for the Manuals as well to help me with the rebuilds.

RE: Can you guys identify these chassis? - Tiger.T - 10-04-2017

(10-03-2017, 06:51 PM)Ille_Jandro Wrote:  Thanks for letting me know. I believe I got a good deal, $200 for all. Im going to be taking them apart to see what really is missing. Going to look for the Manuals as well to help me with the rebuilds.

Good luck. That's going to be a fun project. 
If I may guide you a bit further, I would definitely advise purchasing the RWD conversion kit for Drift Package (P/N: D162P for pro version and D162R for RS version). 
You can add the bumper plate and foam (SD-001WF) That will take care of your entire frontend.

For dampers I would get the "Grade Up" stage 1 (D-015A), and you will also need rear CVDs (D-033)

Those would be the basics for me at least. Then the rest is up to you. You can also upgrade a few more parts but to get the chassis running great with correct matching parts, those would be my pick. 

Check Vertex-RC USA for your Yokomo parts.