MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What to buy for the first RC Build - Printable Version
DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting!
What to buy for the first RC Build - Printable Version

+- DriftMission RC Drift Forums - Your Home for RC Drifting! (https://forum.driftmission.com)
+-- Forum: RC Drift Discussion (https://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-rc-drift-discussion)
+--- Forum: Help Section (https://forum.driftmission.com/Forum-help-section)
+--- Thread: What to buy for the first RC Build (/Thread-what-to-buy-for-the-first-rc-build)

What to buy for the first RC Build - TRMBs - 01-02-2019

So I have decided to get myself an RC, originally the plan was to make a replica of my BMW to bring on car shows and etc. Decided on get something serious as my friends are planning on joining me in this hobby. So here is the list of chosen chassis:

MST FMX 2.0 ( 289$ )
MST RMX s 2.0 ( 175 $ )
Overdose GALM ( 299$ )
Overdose Vacula II RS Shockless ( 379$ )
YR SPT2-D ( 270 $ )
Yokomo YD-2E Plus ( 300$ )

What do you guys think would be the best choice for me with further tuning and modifying options. Also which electrical components you would recommend. If possible please include the pricing. 

P.S. Hope its a right place to post this kind of thread.

RE: What to buy for the first RC Build - Blandguy - 01-03-2019

(01-02-2019, 10:14 PM)TRMBs Wrote:  So I have decided to get myself an RC, originally the plan was to make a replica of my BMW to bring on car shows and etc. Decided on get something serious as my friends are planning on joining me in this hobby. So here is the list of chosen chassis:

MST FMX 2.0 ( 289$ )
MST RMX s 2.0 ( 175 $ )
Overdose GALM ( 299$ )
Overdose Vacula II RS Shockless ( 379$ )
YR SPT2-D ( 270 $ )
Yokomo YD-2E Plus ( 300$ )

What do you guys think would be the best choice for me with further tuning and modifying options. Also which electrical components you would recommend. If possible please include the pricing. 

P.S. Hope its a right place to post this kind of thread.

I'm new to this aswell, looking for similar answers. What I've found so far, rcmart.com has some good deals. But on the tuning and modifications, a common answer is adjustable turnbuckles, and sliding rack steering are some common first mods from what I've found. I just ordered an MST FXX-D ifs II kit, waiting on it to come in the mail. Let me know what you find out though.

RE: What to buy for the first RC Build - MrAkhtar86 - 02-24-2019

Welcome to the hobby gents.

First off, Overdose is the highest level of drift chassis'. The base rolling models are expensive and the upgrades even more so. If you really want to go down that route then just be aware than you might need and Am-Ex card lol.

MST's are an easier route. Very tunable but similar to the Overdose, you'd have to buy most of the parts/upgrades from MST but they're not as expensive as the Overdose parts.

Yokomo YD-2 is a very popular chassis because even the base plastic model comes with a lot of tuning available. Regarding parts and upgrades, you can buy them from Yokomo or there are plenty of third-party companies selling parts.

I would advise buying used and most will have set the chassis up and will have don'e most of the work for you and will most probably come with electrics included.

Failing that, head to RCMart or other similar store and get yourself:
A brushless sensored 10.5T motor
A brushless sensore ESC rated at 120A and has turbo/boost settings
A digital (ideally coreless) servo that is quicker than 0.1 sec/60*
A gyro
A suitable LiPo battery. You will also need a LiPo charger and LiPo safe bag to store the battery
And finally radio gear that allows you to adjust end points and has 3rd channel control