R31 HOUSE GRK2

38 Replies, 23028 Views

I'll try to keep this updated with the progress of my new R31 House GRK2, It will be a bit of a work in progress as i wait on parts etc.
So i sold my zeon which is a great chassis and can't really fault but it just didn't interest me as much after getting my CE-RX which is a chassis i've always wanted. I wanted to replace the zeon and was set on some sort of drift package conversion and was going to get the R31 House conversion, the price to build a DP the way i want is just too expensive let alone waiting to overdose parts to come back into stock etc. I really wanted a slide rack so the GRK was the choice.

[Image: DSC_0841.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0845.jpg]
Cool message on the side on the box

[Image: DSC_0847.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0850.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0866.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0867.jpg]

R31 House or GRK ?

[Image: DSC_0868.jpg]

Slide rack

[Image: DSC_0870.jpg]

Spool

[Image: DSC_0872.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0873.jpg]

Rear gear case with 39-10T

[Image: DSC_0885.jpg]

Front gear case with 39-19T

[Image: DSC_0887.jpg]

1.9 CS
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 10:38 AM by HAYASHI.)
These chassis are sweet man.
Just out of curiosity, what do they sell for? because I have never seen a retail price on one of these.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
39,800 yen for chassis with no suspension
Such a nice chassis, but I was almost more stoked to see the S&M sticker on your desk, haha.
(08-28-2014, 12:07 PM)HAYASHI Wrote: 39,800 yen for chassis with no suspension

That's not that bad.
So it's basically the whole thing without shocks or arms knuckles and stuff.
That's really decent if you consider using oreolai MK arms and build a RWD out of it. That puts you right around the MST VIP pricing.
>> For 3D printed Weight Shift products and more checkout www.oversliders.net <<
If I was helpful to you, make sure to hit the "Rate" button and leave me a positive review, Thank you.
awesome. Prob my next chassis.
[Image: 222_zpsccdcf383.jpg]

Here For the love of RC Drifting
(08-28-2014, 02:06 PM)acm Wrote: Such a nice chassis, but I was almost more stoked to see the S&M sticker on your desk, haha.
haha nice spotting yeah i work for the australian distributor

(08-28-2014, 02:47 PM)Tiger.T Wrote:
(08-28-2014, 12:07 PM)HAYASHI Wrote: 39,800 yen for chassis with no suspension

That's not that bad.
So it's basically the whole thing without shocks or arms knuckles and stuff.
That's really decent if you consider using oreolai MK arms and build a RWD out of it. That puts you right around the MST VIP pricing.
Yeah just choose your suspension, I'll just be going with a type c setup which i've never had before
I just sold my limited edition SSG gunmetal version. I really did not want to sell but I got a great offer a few hundred over the price I got it for. Now ended up back with a DRb but with OD decks and parts.

The chassis is super solid. Make sure to shim the gears proper but it should be almost identical to the Zeon since the GRK is basically a DP, ZEON, XXX-D all in one. RM was a little different for me but with a nice tune it should handle like a dream.
[Image: 0000.jpg]
(08-28-2014, 10:54 PM)mikep415 Wrote: I just sold my limited edition SSG gunmetal version. I really did not want to sell but I got a great offer a few hundred over the price I got it for. Now ended up back with a DRb but with OD decks and parts.

The chassis is super solid. Make sure to shim the gears proper but it should be almost identical to the Zeon since the GRK is basically a DP, ZEON, XXX-D all in one. RM was a little different for me but with a nice tune it should handle like a dream.

Yeah i spent plenty of time shimming the gears, this will be my first rear motor chassis.Yes very similar to the zeon with a bit simpler layout in the front end. Zeon has a lot going on in the steering area and your limited to steering setups
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2014, 12:54 AM by HAYASHI.)
Few more build pics

I like the sus mounts just simply add shims to add toe

[Image: DSC_0892.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0893.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0894.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0899.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0906.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0909.jpg]