Akumu - Honda S2000 (rare)

15 Replies, 4657 Views

Just wanted to share a very rare Tamiya Honda S2000 (236mm wheelbase) temporarily mounted on my custom short chassis Sakura D4 (wip)...

[Image: akumu-s2k-0001.jpg]

[Image: akumu-s2k-0002.jpg]

[Image: akumu-s2k-0003.jpg]
Looks good, that's some serious camber you've got going there![emoji106][emoji106]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 11:08 AM by glenyboy.)
(12-06-2015, 11:08 AM)glenyboy Wrote: Looks good, that's some serious camber you've got going there![emoji106][emoji106]

thanks!

hehe i just found out that i do not own 0mm offset wheels, so i had to improvise and all i had where these 4mm (i think) offset yokomo wheel. Big Grin
That is so awesome! I always wanted a mini drifter I have a spare D3 can you show what you've done so far any suggestions for me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(12-07-2015, 02:37 AM)JRozario Wrote: That is so awesome! I always wanted a mini drifter I have a spare D3 can you show what you've done so far any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

A Tamiya M04 or M05 chassis has variable wheelbase of 210mm, 225mm and 239mm which is required for this body. My chassis is based on a Tamiya TA03S or TA02SW chassis which has a wheelbase of 236nn, it fits this Honda S2000 and the Porsche Taisan GT2 bodies.

The Sakura D4 (sorry i don't own a D3) bulkheads has a pin at the bottom marking the center. you need to measure the bulkhead chassis pin holes from the front and rear and choose the wheelbase length you need, mark and create the new mounting holes and you should have a new short chassis. I used a 3mm aluminum sheet which i had gathering dust, it was a test of sorts and i plan to use 2.5mm CF sheets when i have the funds.

hth!
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 10:49 AM by vlozity.)
That's a really cool build. I think I'm going to part with my d3 think about it. But I'd like to see more. I want the s2000 so bad! I'm either doing a cappuccino or mx5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12-07-2015, 04:32 PM)JRozario Wrote: That's a really cool build. I think I'm going to part with my d3 think about it. But I'd like to see more. I want the s2000 so bad! I'm either doing a cappuccino or mx5

i will update my post on the 3Racing chassis forum when i'm done finishing the custom chassis.

Looking forward to your build too.
Thank you. This link was my inspiration and your post reignited it. I'll be starting on mine soon. Good luck on yours.
http://youtu.be/GEdhtrDdMGE

i was actually inspired by this video, but wanted to do one in a very very long time... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aon3dPN_4MU. then the video owner shared to me this link showing a shortened Tamiya 414... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SktRjfMYPNE

RWD allowed me to simplify designs and creations, it was a godsend rc drifting headed this direction.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015, 03:05 AM by vlozity.)
Yeah man good stuff. Especially with 3D printing and carving. I will keep updating on my project. How'd you get that s2000?