Bad Bunny Rocket Bunny FD RX-7

21 Replies, 12261 Views

Wow look amazing where can i get rocket bunny body kits

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
Hello,

Is there a post where you did the work in progress? Id realy like to see how you did everything

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(05-11-2016, 02:08 PM)0daro0 Wrote: Hello,

Is there a post where you did the work in progress? Id realy like to see how you did everything

I did a few blog posts about it, but that is it.

http://mod19rc.blogspot.com/2015/11/proj...-prep.html

http://mod19rc.blogspot.com/2015/12/proj...rting.html

http://mod19rc.blogspot.com/2016/01/proj...plete.html
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

Visit my blog: Mod19 RC
IG: @RexRacer19

[Image: IMG_2485c_zpsnoqm5qqh.jpg]
Thnx, Nice [emoji16]

You've inspired me to put together an Rx7 with the RB kit for my Yokomo. Smile Mind sharing what offset wheels you're running? Any clearance issues lock-to-lock with the fenders or body?

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Tommy
In the pics, I am using my TT02 FRD chassis under the body with 6mm offset wheels all around. With the RB kit the body ends up at 200mm wide.
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

Wow, so overall the width even with the Demi Works RB flares isn't all that substantial? I was hoping to get away with a larger offset wheel, but it looks like you even had to camber in the fronts to clear with just 6mm offsets. Dang! But I'll still do it 'cause it looks so nice. Smile

By the way, what did you do for the splitter supports? Don't recall you mentioning it here or on your blog. Thanks again!
SO CLEANNNN
(05-24-2016, 05:23 PM)Tommy R Wrote: Wow, so overall the width even with the Demi Works RB flares isn't all that substantial?  I was hoping to get away with a larger offset wheel, but it looks like you even had to camber in the fronts to clear with just 6mm offsets.  Dang!  But I'll still do it 'cause it looks so nice. Smile

By the way, what did you do for the splitter supports?  Don't recall you mentioning it here or on your blog.  Thanks again!

Yeah, the body is pretty narrow to start with. If you look at the real RB kits the back looks wider than the Demi Works version. That is my only gripe about the overall look of the kit.  Rumor has it that Addiction is doing a kit in the future and it will have a wider track.

To be fair, I have widened the track on the front of my TFD (3mm per side) so it makes things a little tighter.

The splitter supports are just some stainless tubing that are inserted into some plastic blocks that I made. They are screwed to the splitter on the bottom but float up top to survive bumps and bangs.
-RexRacer19

Eagle Racing TT02 FRD
Sakura D3 & D4

Thanks, man, I appreciate the input. I just picked up my Rx7 last night and mocked it up. Yeah, I suppose these Tamiya bodies are designed for 0mm offset wheels. But the quality sure is impressive! I'll keep an eye out for the Addiction kit, too. The Demi Works flares are on the way, though. And great idea on the splitter support!