Celica 1600 GT

9 Replies, 5895 Views

Hi all.
So I haven't posted much because I'm just getting back into the hobby, but here is my basher I run on my ABC Hobby Genetic.(don't mind the scratches Shy)
Like the title says it's a Toyota Celica 1600 GT.
I fabricated the oil cooler in the front with a couple goodies I found around my house.
The plastic is from a plastruct sheet I had laying aroung. The welded fitting is a combination of antenna tube and Tech-Deck skateboard wheel nuts. The stainless hose are steel wire used to normally hang picture frame and stuff.
The tow hook is a chain link I found at Michaels (local craft store in the US) as well as the ribbon.
Enjoy the pics.

[Image: 2013-02-17100928_zps1995de99.jpg][Image: 2013-02-17101144_zpscf465ce4.jpg][Image: 2013-02-18202259_zps557e6bbb.jpg][Image: 2013-02-18202454_zpsec9a5106.jpg][Image: 2013-02-18202628_zpsc9a1d341.jpg]
Awesome! The cooler looks the part...
Wow the things you can do with stuff that's just lying around!! Nice job!!
I LOVE THIS BODY!   I actually bought this body for my Cup Racer but never got around to painting it and ended up giving it away.   Sweet looking build though!   Does the Genetic make a good drifter?

LOL, for quick second I though when I read the title I thought there was a 190mm version available.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.
(02-19-2013, 07:23 AM)Chiefy707 Wrote: I LOVE THIS BODY!   I actually bought this body for my Cup Racer but never got around to painting it and ended up giving it away.   Sweet looking build though!   Does the Genetic make a good drifter?

LOL, for quick second I though when I read the title I thought there was a 190mm version available.

Oh yes it does lol. there was 4 kids at the local track that couldn't keep up with me on the carpet drift track.
Mainly because I was running a one way and was getting much more angle than their sprint 2s. But overall that chassis can be as performant as any 1:10 drift car. There is no counter-steer gears for it yet but I'm working on that.
Thanks for the comments
very good job, lots of good detail cool
with rims to the old school and would be perfect
(02-20-2013, 11:34 AM)mc barret Wrote: very good job, lots of good detail cool
with rims to the old school and would be perfect

The rims are actually Watanabe Style old school but they came in white with the kit and because of the stupid contrast setup on my phone the wheels don't come out at all in the picture. They almost look like full dish touring wheels :=(:
I just got some old school three piece look wheels that I will paint sometime soon.

Cimer pour le comment MC Barret. Bonjour a Paname et RC-Drift IDF de ma part :B):
love the car, and nice to know that the details are custom built
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-21-2013, 06:29 AM)Dorvack Wrote: Nice work!

It really is a shame that ABC don't seem to be showing the Genetic any love at the moment. I'd kill to find a 'Naked R', but finding any variation of the chassis is getting trickier.

Dorvack.

Not sure what you call the Naked R, but they have the Exotek Conversion kit for sale on their USA website.
Also Xpresss and Team Atlas makes some pretty gnarly belt driven kits which could be easily upgradable to countersteer. I've been looking into them and I could find the Xpress Kit from RC Mart for pretty cheap. the Team Atlas one is another story.
lol greate build
love the front lights
nice classic