Genki's Overdose Type-C

208 Replies, 156177 Views

Hi GenkiRF,
I really like your Build so i was going the same direction with my Type C, Overdosed it till the end there are just 4 Parts missing but they are ordered.

I got it runnig but the weight distribution is a little off i have a 150gr more on the back how did you solve it? or do you have it the same way?

So many Options and Potential with all the Overdose parts that is what i really like.
It would be very interesting to see a complete Setup what you used on yours.

Thanks a lot for this nicely Build Type C it is a beauty.

Daniel
It's almost time to count those Overdose logos.
(02-10-2014, 09:24 AM)Dannytat2 Wrote: Hi GenkiRF,
I really like your Build so i was going the same direction with my Type C, Overdosed it till the end there are just 4 Parts missing but they are ordered.

I got it runnig but the weight distribution is a little off i have a 150gr more on the back how did you solve it? or do you have it the same way?

So many Options and Potential with all the Overdose parts that is what i really like.
It would be very interesting to see a complete Setup what you used on yours.

Thanks a lot for this nicely Build Type C it is a beauty.

Daniel

Awesome, it's always nice to inspire a build. The OD Type-C really turned out to be a great car. I loved it after my first drive.

Aside from my initial alignment I posted earlier, I did not touch my car yet. But even my initial alignment needs to be re-worked to get the car handling the way I want it to. Personally I wouldn't be too worried about the rear weight bias. I'd play with the suspension to get the car handling the way I wanted. You could always add some tuning weights to the chassis if you really wanted to balance it out. Everyone has different ways of tuning a chassis~

(02-10-2014, 10:42 AM)RE-Xtreme RC Wrote: It's almost time to count those Overdose logos.

I'm almost certain I have every tag saved... they're just all in random places LOL... I'll take a pic with them all laid out one day Big Grin
AFRO'S RC CLUB x KERIZMA CLUB x MADHOUSE

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
no count the OD logos on the chassis itself!
Beautiful chassis! Props for taking the time to do it right!
(02-11-2014, 08:54 AM)RE-Xtreme RC Wrote: no count the OD logos on the chassis itself!

Fine, fine! There are... 40. I lost count a few too many times hahaha...
I think a few more logos will make their way onto this build still Wink
Only one I'm on the fence about is the Turnbuckles.

(02-11-2014, 01:07 PM)wolfpack Wrote: Beautiful chassis! Props for taking the time to do it right!

Thanks man! It was definitely a long process lol. Almost 1 year and 1 month~ XD

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014, 04:28 AM by GenkiRF.)
woo hoo. 40! you will never forget.

It looks awesome.

OD turnbuckles look like they will strip the anodising.

I had some alloy team bomber ones. they came with a plastic turnbuckle wrench.
which worked fine for the initial setting. but soon that chewed out and I had to resort to the normal alloy one which started to damage the alloy.

If you are super careful and don't be in a rush you may be ok
jaw dropping bro... id ditch my MST limited silver vip for this in a heartbeat! I need another yokomo in my life! lol
[Image: 0000.jpg]
I had mentioned earlier I had some issues with my initial build process as far as the steering geometry went. I ran into some binding issues that didn't allow the steering to freely swing back and forth.
At first I thought it was due to over tightening causing binding issues, but this wasn't the case. Any looser on the screws, and I had excessive play around the front knuckles.

After looking at the setup go left to right a few times, I figured the ball studs were binding against the plastic ball cups. So I tore down the front end and isolated the problem.
[Image: 008_zpsf4556681.jpg]

Running a high camber setup, the ball joint would bind with the plastic ball cup.
[Image: 009_zps6f833362.jpg]

I installed some brand new Yokomo Type-C ball cups, but shaved them down to create more clearance. I cleaned them up a bit with a fine file before installing.
[Image: 010_zpsff3c5669.jpg]

After putting everything back together, my steering is back to being smooth as silk. There's lot more space for the ball joints to move freely now.
[Image: 011_zps23984d8f.jpg]

You can also see when I had things mocked up without alignment, my knuckles were hitting the front arms slightly. I installed a 2mm washer to extend the track a bit fixing the issue and prevent any more damage T_T;;

(02-12-2014, 10:41 PM)RE-Xtreme RC Wrote: woo hoo. 40! you will never forget.

It looks awesome.

OD turnbuckles look like they will strip the anodising.

I had some alloy team bomber ones. they came with a plastic turnbuckle wrench.
which worked fine for the initial setting. but soon that chewed out and I had to resort to the normal alloy one which started to damage the alloy.

If you are super careful and don't be in a rush you may be ok

Yea, that's why I don't really feel like buying them.
I bought a non scratch spanner with replacement blades from Tech Racing though... JUST IN CASE!
I guess I'll see if I eventually install them. They are selling out fast online... I wonder if I can even get my hands on a set lol

(02-12-2014, 10:55 PM)mikep415 Wrote: jaw dropping bro... id ditch my MST limited silver vip for this in a heartbeat! I need another yokomo in my life! lol

Thanks man! I actually debated for a LONG time if I should just buy the MST XXX-D over the Drift Package when I was looking into buying a new chassis.
This was around the time the XXX-D was blowing up, so I figured I'd do something different Tongue
I'm happy tons of parts were released after I made the decision, it all worked out Big Grin

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
Was running some tandems last night with my buddy Curt, and as soon as we started getting closer and closer my night came to an abrupt end.
I ran around a hairpin and noticed my wheels didn't look right LOL!
[Image: 001_zps2bed8368.jpg]

The culprit was a broken TITANIUM turnbuckle that snapped off inside of my upper arm. I never would have figured these would snap on me LOL.
[Image: 004_zps3e45720a.jpg]

I was running a new body with minimal clearance for the wheels, so there's a good chance my wheels binded with the body during a collision causing the turnbuckle to give way. I can't think of anything else since I didn't have any hard hits on the night. A few tandem related spins and taps, nothing out of the norm.
With an all aluminum setup though, something has to give when push comes to shove. In my case it ended up being a titanium turnbuckle.
[Image: 003_zps470866c8.jpg]

Damage? A few small scratches from the CVD on the lower arm, nothing majorly noticeable ^^;;
[Image: 005_zps3715cbf8.jpg]
The worst part was the turnbuckle broke off right inside of the upper arm.
I thought it was going to be a bitch to get out, and I'd have to bust out my dremel to make a slot for a flathead.
[Image: 002_zps2228b410.jpg]

Luckily it's really easy to unwind the turnbuckle out of the upper arms, and there was a TIIIINY bit of the turnbuckle sticking out of the upper arms.
It was enough to grab onto with my finger nails and unwind out of the upper arms. *phew*
[Image: 006_zps8e74ddb5.jpg]

It was a pretty random part to break though. I thought I had a spare at home, but as it turns out I don't... with some down time I can finally install some of the parts I have laying around that I've been meaning to install though, so it's all good.
[Image: 007_zps1a2239c4.jpg]

Maybe this will get me motivated to get my FR-D up and running ASAP now as well haha ^^;;

Yokomo Type-C - RWD
Wrap-Up Next FR-D - RWD
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 05:32 PM by GenkiRF.)