Redcat Racing

8 Replies, 8894 Views

Hi I recently bought a Redcat Racing Lightning EPX. I can't seem to find any mods for it. I've got a HPI E10 & put a one way diff in it & loved it, but I can't find one for my Redcat. Any info would be great!! Thanks!
(04-01-2013, 03:27 AM)Mr.Slide Wrote: Hi I recently bought a Redcat Racing Lightning EPX. I can't seem to find any mods for it. I've got a HPI E10 & put a one way diff in it & loved it, but I can't find one for my Redcat. Any info would be great!! Thanks!

I have one as well and mods simply don't exist. I took it upon myself and did some dremel mods to the axle cups and steering..... BUT I made too much angle and killed and axle. I also epoxyed both diffs which helped alot. Since then i gave up and ordered a teh-r31 and am just going to switch over electronics ( been waiting over a month for the kit which i ordered from r2 hobbies).
Thanks. I bought these cars simply to rent out @ my track, so I guess I'll just leave them stock. Let me know when you get your R31 in, I'd like to see it.
(04-03-2013, 03:01 AM)Mr.Slide Wrote: Thanks. I bought these cars simply to rent out @ my track, so I guess I'll just leave them stock. Let me know when you get your R31 in, I'd like to see it.

Thats an awesome idea ( to rent cars), and you have nooooo idea how anxious I am for the new chassis lol.
On another note, how is the thunder? I was thinking about telling a friend to pick it up.
There ARE mods available and im going to make them available on this site as soon as i get a chance to. But aasy example for an upgrade that needs absolutely zero modding is the HPI #86122. This FOW fits as if made for the redcat /HSP/Drift Star without any shimming of the gear housing. CS is also possible but that does require gear house modding. Also almost every part on the chassis has an upgradable aluminum part (few color choices too). And dont forget the steering angle mods! Ultimately this chassis will serve anybody just fine, but the problem is that after uve put all that work in, and good money your probly going to out grow it and want more, but for the guy who enjoys pushing the limits while learning and takes pride in installing a functional mod (have u SEEN those 4 wheel steering drifters!?!?!) or even for the guy who wants to learn drifting on a budget this chassis is a serious first step into getting hooked!
(08-13-2013, 01:16 AM)Mackiv Wrote: There ARE mods available and im going to make them available on this site as soon as i get a chance to. But aasy example for an upgrade that needs absolutely zero modding is the HPI #86122. This FOW fits as if made for the redcat /HSP/Drift Star without any shimming of the gear housing. CS is also possible but that does require gear house modding. Also almost every part on the chassis has an upgradable aluminum part (few color choices too). And dont forget the steering angle mods! Ultimately this chassis will serve anybody just fine, but the problem is that after uve put all that work in, and good money your probly going to out grow it and want more, but for the guy who enjoys pushing the limits while learning and takes pride in installing a functional mod (have u SEEN those 4 wheel steering drifters!?!?!) or even for the guy who wants to learn drifting on a budget this chassis is a serious first step into getting hooked!

I agree, this is a very good chassis and very reasonably priced for those who are wanting to get into it relatively easy and inexpensiveSmile
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
(08-13-2013, 01:16 AM)Mackiv Wrote: There ARE mods available and im going to make them available on this site as soon as i get a chance to. But aasy example for an upgrade that needs absolutely zero modding is the HPI #86122. This FOW fits as if made for the redcat /HSP/Drift Star without any shimming of the gear housing. CS is also possible but that does require gear house modding. Also almost every part on the chassis has an upgradable aluminum part (few color choices too). And dont forget the steering angle mods! Ultimately this chassis will serve anybody just fine, but the problem is that after uve put all that work in, and good money your probly going to out grow it and want more, but for the guy who enjoys pushing the limits while learning and takes pride in installing a functional mod (have u SEEN those 4 wheel steering drifters!?!?!) or even for the guy who wants to learn drifting on a budget this chassis is a serious first step into getting hooked!

I have the redcat as my only car I was hoping you could send the link to that wide angle steering mod you mentioned, currently trying to go rwd but getting massive oversteer. and good springs and struts youd recommend?
I locked both diffs front and rear with JB, stiffened the rear shocks and adjusted the camber and I am good. Can't compare my set up to others because I haven't drifted with anyone yet. However my basement track is tight and even with the OE tires, I am pretty smooth now. Going to get some Raikou's next.
(06-02-2014, 04:06 PM)Faduzer Wrote:

I have the redcat as my only car I was hoping you could send the link to that wide angle steering mod you mentioned, currently trying to go rwd but getting massive oversteer. and good springs and struts youd recommend?
I have a redcat lightning pro(the brushless version) im interested also in the steering angle mods!

I have a silly putty rear diff and some 300k diff oil on the way for the front. other than that hsp sell just about any part you want in blue or purple aluminum. I know there is a hpi rear diff that drops in but the putty works great for only a $1 in the check out lane at the grocery store...lol

I have had zero complaints, my buddy has a team associated car and likes the way mine drifts better Big Grin