Exceed RC Drift Star

19 Replies, 12674 Views

Hey, my first car is obviously the exceed rc brushed drift car, and i was wondering, is it any good? it seems pretty decent, but i was looking to get a 2-300 dollar chassis like a Team Magic E4D PRO or something by Tamiya? Does anyone have any idea how good the car i have actually is and if its worth it to put upgrades on it? I have had it about 1 1/2 years now and gunna be making money again soon due to summer.
Chi-Town Drifter
I may be a noob in the rc drift scene but its not a bad car to start out with. I started with a HSP brushless rc drift to get the feel for it and have since brought myself the Sakura D3 rolling chassis and transferred all of my electrics over. Its great value.

But to answer your question its probly not worth putting money into it i would look at getting something else to put your money into and depending on what you like shaft or belt driven, i know i have fallen in love with counter steer drifting using a belt driven car its great fun and very challenging.
Sup Slide, check out the stuff by MST.  Best drift cars you can get out of the box IMO.  They range from $240 for an MS-01 RTR to about $700 for one of their VIP kits.  

That said, any drift car can be made sublime but you my have to throw more money at it in parts and spend a bit more time getting it right.
That's why I preach the word of MST.  Out of the box and you're good to go.

Just do your research.  I would've saved alot of time and  money had I went the MST route instead of being a Tamiya fanboy and getting a VDF.
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.
also check out the R31-16fm.. this is pretty good for its price.. pretty much hopped up.. minus electronics of course.

r31-16fm
The underdog drifter....
[Image: 117.gif]
Thanks everyone, yea i already had 3 i have heard of and they are the MTS (mentioned above) Sakura D3 (also mentioned above) but also the Team Magic E4D MF PRO i havent really heard much about it, but from what i have it seems pretty good. Im probable gunna take a chance with the MTS belt just to see how it feels and use that as one of my main chassis. So far, the drift star shaft drive seems nice, but i like the fact that you can change the ratio with a belt drive and there is much more your able to do with less "work"
Chi-Town Drifter
Well look into the 16fm.. Don't count this out too.. Hehe
The underdog drifter....
(04-19-2013, 05:27 PM)Combat_Drftr Wrote: Well look into the 16fm.. Don't count this out too.. Hehe

haha ill be sure to check it out and tell you what i think Smile
Chi-Town Drifter
It's front motor.. Has great steering out of the box.. Has potential..
The underdog drifter....
(04-19-2013, 05:41 PM)Combat_Drftr Wrote: It's front motor.. Has great steering out of the box.. Has potential..

thanks, i saw it and ill consider it, If i did get it, i would probably put hop up parts on it, just like alum parts mabye buy a new servo
Chi-Town Drifter
That one comes with most of the aluminum hop ups...
The underdog drifter....