Akumu - D4 Oxygen

29 Replies, 6115 Views

one of the problems that came with this used but not abused D4 is the toe blocks are 3° all around... geez! it was so consistent in spinning out, a real dissapointment having owned 2 previously the pivot blocks was the first thing i had to replace to fix the issue.

Thanks to a local distro who had fast shipping services (at a good price), i ordered front and rear 0° toe blocks which cured the problem.

[Image: akumu-d4-05-2017-08.png]

The Front
[Image: akumu-d4-05-2017-05.png]

The Rear
[Image: akumu-d4-05-2017-06.png]

[Image: akumu-d4-05-2017-07.png]

Thanks for viewing!
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2017, 12:20 PM by vlozity.)
Really that solved the problem ? And to have thought I just was trying the 3° block for fun. I thought the standard was 1° I have been using it all along. I know my box came with 2 settings. I just found my cornering slower after changing to 3°, then again, I just thought it was my own problem in controlling the car.
However with this block I get more rear reaction. But needs to be controlled with the brakes after the acceleration.
Can you share your FDR, controller settings and ESC settings ?

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
sorry, my problem was not being able to initiate a drift at a certain angle due to the front toe block being 3°... i just went ahead and replaced all toe blocks because this is what i am used to. both my old D4's used this configuration. I actually ordered a D4 adjustable suspension mount for the rear to test on a newly built indoor track.

I changed my gearing several times to try and fix the issue before recieving this 0° blocks, i think this is what i am using currently...

33/21 x 90/23 = 6.13 FDR

when i got this chassis it came with a 90T spur and the plastic 20T center pulley (i dont like using plastic center pulleys and change that to 21T). i do not currently own any spurs with more teeth so if my recollection is right, I can only go down to about 22T pinion. anything lower than 22T wont work.

I can only use 4.71 to 6.42 FDR with my current gears.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2017, 08:21 PM by vlozity.)
(05-13-2017, 08:20 PM)vlozity Wrote: sorry, my problem was not being able to initiate a drift at a certain angle due to the front toe block being 3°... i just went ahead and replaced all toe blocks because this is what i am used to. both my old D4's used this configuration. I actually ordered a D4 adjustable suspension mount for the rear to test on a newly built indoor track.

I changed my gearing several times to try and fix the issue before recieving this 0° blocks, i think this is what i am using currently...

33/21 x 90/23 = 6.13 FDR

when i got this chassis it came with a 90T spur and the plastic 20T center pulley (i dont like using plastic center pulleys and change that to 21T). i do not currently own any spurs with more teeth so if my recollection is right, I can only go down to about 22T pinion. anything lower than 22T wont work.

I can only use 4.71 to 6.42 FDR with my current gears.
Wow your FDR is really low.

I have mine at about 7 at the moment. At this setting I can't control the car at 100℅ EPA TH. I run at 60℅ and the car is really comfortable. It gives good speed and traction. I will give your settings a go and see if I can push up the EPA a bit more.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Team Magic - E4D(4) RWD - Sakura D4 RWD
you need to consider the track conditions before setting the FDR... i ran my cars currently on tiled flooring, i do not have time to test on the tracks with all the projects i am currently handling.
I could not resist moving the electronics around, it just had to be done. i had some free time and shot this...

[Image: akumu-d4-05-2017-09.png]

still waiting on some parts i've ordered... spool and adjustable toe blocks for the rear. come june the rear bulkhead may be upgraded to gear drive system.

thanks for looking!
had this shell for a few months, it did not fit right on the TT02 RWD but fits perfectly on the D4. It is Team Tetsujin R35 LB Works...
[Image: akumu-r35lb.png]

Still WIP, needs more detailing.

Thanks for viewing!
spool and adjustable toe blocks came in today. 2 parts down a few more to go...

ordered the D3 spool instead of the D4 because it was just more cost effective. D4 spool is bling though, maybe for my other build when i find time to start it.

[Image: d4-spool-03.jpg]

The adjustable toe blocks (below) is just so much more convenient to use... a must upgrade for proper tuning. Currently it is set to 1° toe-in.

[Image: d4-toe-blocks-01.jpg]

crappy pic with everything installed...

[Image: akumu-d4-05-2017-03.jpg]

with the parts installed the 1° toe does make a difference in handling, specially coming from running the kit with a 0° toe block.

Btw, not in the pic, i have replaced the ftont mono spring with TrackStar D-Spec Hybrid Spring's and the car handles way better on smooth tile floors.

Thanks for looking!
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2017, 12:21 PM by vlozity.)
new parts should be here this coming week... the wait is killing me! hehe
finally came in yesterday, all the new peices but still missing a few other items that may arrive tomorrow or the day after.

prepped and assembled last night...

3Racing RF mounts
[Image: d4-rf-toe-blocks-01.png]

Usukani D4 Gear drive
now i really wanted the 3Racing gear drive but it was out of stock everywhere and these is the only color available now from usukani... no black, no pink... silver. I am not sure if they will be making more of these, so if your wanting to purchase one best do so now, I dont think they will be making more.

[Image: d4-usukani-gd-01.png]

[Image: d4-usukani-gd-02.png]

One thing that i've always loved about Usukani are the option parts needed to fit on the kit are there. The gear drive came with the spool, bearings, screws etc. The only thing i can say is sometimes quality sucks, mine came with a stupid finger print or smudge which i think is from the anodizing process, also some fitment issues which is not a bad thing, I had to force a pin in hard.

[Image: d4-usukani-gd-03.png]

I am still not sure what direction I'm going with the color scheme right now, I am thinking of removing the pink at this point since this gear drive is taking too much focus... lets see if it grows on me. I'll put it all together and run it around my place.

Some parts coming in are back ups to assemble it back to a stock belt drive which fortunately Usukani allows us to do... it has a manual that teaches you this and option parts for it.

More soon... Thanks for viewing!
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2017, 04:36 AM by vlozity.)