Novak Drift Spec

6 Replies, 5599 Views

This is a discussion on the Novak Drift Spec Combo w/ 13.5t ss motor. (nov3073)

I purchased this combo set when it was first released for my tc-fd. After putting it through its paces i really like it.
I feel as though this set is perfect for a begginer as it's a little slower then most advanced or seasoned drifters are used to. With that being said it allowed me to learn the paces of drifting a counter steered chassis even though i would like to consider myself a seasoned drifter. This combo is a perfect match for anyone looking for a fairly priced unit (under 150) and a unit thats going to last. Normally i would use Hobby Wing setups but after using this setup i would highly recommend the switch. I have also replaced the 13.5t motor with a 10.5t "hot" trinity torque monster D3.5 recently. After many hours of use the ESC is still going strong even though it is only recommended for a 13.5t max. Here at drift mission we don't normally recommend doing such a drastic upgrade over manufacturers specs unless you want to risk the life and longevity of your ESC. This should be done at your own risk and discretion.

You can find this combo on our blog at http://driftmission.com/team-novak-drift...ss-system/

[Image: Team-Novak-Drift-Spec-Brushless-Motor-an...00x300.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2012, 07:14 PM by robb41488.)
I purchased this combo with a VDF II knowing absolutely nothing about drift, gotta say I'm really happy with mine too. Only set back I had was the esc came doa, after sending it back and getting a functional one its been nothing but good to me.
FS-01D
MS-01D
VDF-II
FR-D v3.0
Active FR Rwd - Forsale
Hey ya.. I got a havok and all I read is it is glitchy and cuts out and thats what mine does? Ya have any recommendation
^^what servo and rx are you running? If its browning out, you can try adding a power cap to the esc or rx.

I started with GTBII and a Ballistic 8.5t years ago - my friend has burned through 3 Chinese manufactured ESCs in that time frame, all under 2s and normal running. And he drives less than I do.. :wtf:
www.facebook.com/raincityrajikon  - Seattle's scale drift club
RWD yoko dori pake -=- RWD SJ ota-r31 -=- 50:50 SJ ota-r31 (club loaner car)
+ 2wd Slash, 4x4 Slash, e-Maxx, Subaru Brat scaler, mRS4, broken quads and a bunch of spares
hi all, i have been using one of these for about 9 months with no problems at all, very pleased with the whole package. fitted in my HPI sprint 2 sport .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My servo is hpi and rx is redcat cheap stuff. But while it acts glitchy, my servo works fine
check that the bullet connectors arnt touching accidently? Novak has a good warranty policy if it needs service.