RWD Testing

44 Replies, 12236 Views

I am working on a xray t2 rwd project, I wanted some more info and experience before I completely build it. So I modded up a Tamiya TA-04 I had laying around. The first test was rough. I found that if I added enough weight to the front it would carry its self better and stay rolling. Before the weight the rear rotation would kick in and the front would slow and tuck in causing an easy spin out. I tried some t-drifts on the back. This was really slow on my polished garage floor. It did let me find a balance with weight tho. Once I put on some hpi type a's I had enough traction to get the car up to speed. I must say the throttle control is very touchy. I' am sure it can get better with more tuning. I don't want to mod this chassis too much as It is our clubs demo test chassis for people that are interested in giving it a try. Its usually setup with a very mild cs setup. Anyways I know this is not very good RWD action, but not too bad for my first go. Also NO GYRO!

Promoting radio controlled drifting to the masses since 2009
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2013, 03:26 AM by JustSiDEwayZ.)
Dang man, not bad, for no gyro and ur first runWink
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<
that is pretty solid for no gyro man, good job.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2013, 04:39 AM by Piper.)
I'm finding more weight up front is good too.

I'm no where near as much as you though.
-That was awesome for no gyro!
-You were driving that pretty damn good
-For a belt drive that TA04 was loud!
-Daddy! lol
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.
(05-31-2013, 09:39 AM)RE-Xtreme RC Wrote: I'm finding more weight up front is good too.

I'm no where near as much as you though.

Yeah I have backed off the weight and went to slicker tires on the rear.

(05-31-2013, 10:43 AM)Chiefy707 Wrote: -That was awesome for no gyro!
-You were driving that pretty damn good
-For a belt drive that TA04 was loud!
-Daddy! lol

Thanks man... Yeah its loud because of the weird brushed motor I have in it.

I have been making some changes to the ta-04 I removed a bunch of weight. This made the car much faster on type-a's. So I decided to try raikous. The speed was easier to handle. Not full cs speed but moving @ least. The weight balance was just not right. So I decided to move the weight that's there, rather than adding weight. Anyways this is where I am at in the process.

[Image: Cgosms_2013-05-3101-25-36.jpg]

[Image: Cgosms_2013-05-3101-27-27.jpg]

[Image: Cgosms_2013-05-3101-28-26.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2013, 08:37 PM by JustSiDEwayZ.)
That appears to be a better representation of a full sized car's weight distribution.  Have you been able to drive it like this yet?
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.
Test 2 vid

Nice man!!! I just started rwd drifting, I hope I can get this goodWink
>SCREW IT, DONT NEED NO FANCY SIG<