HPI RS4 3 with Rare Stage D conversion

6 Replies, 7333 Views

This may have been when drift 1st hit the RC scene. This was an full chassis hopup, not the mass produced rS4 3 drift chassis. Lots of aluminum and carbon fiber. Never ran it after installing the kit.

I wanna say some of you have never seen this before... T15 nitro engine, 2 speed tranny... This this is 100% hopped up.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2013, 04:50 AM by Wolf244.)
Was going to get this for my fully modded RS4-3. My LHS had one on the shelf that never sold so he offered it to me for half off. Ended up taking a break from RC instead.

Ended up not liking the conversion. Nitro just wasn't good for drifting. The powercurve wasn't right. It was more highspeed powersliding than actual drifting really.

Don't be a douche and help the next guy.
Cool so these things are rare? I have one !
Current: Tamiya / HPI

Future: MST
I figured it was, I haven't seen anyone or any of these racing anywhere. For me it was another hop up to get.

Like chiefy said, too much power, more slide no drift, too much maintenance. Still got my 10 year old savage 21 in the garage buried, just so I don't have to maintain it. The switch to electric was breathe of fresh air.
I enjoy using it every once in a while, it's fun to slide at those speeds lol

grip tires are no joke
Current: Tamiya / HPI

Future: MST
(06-06-2013, 05:15 AM)Wolf244 Wrote: .... The switch to electric was breathe of fresh air.

Amen to that bro! Lipo and brushless made electric worthwhile.

But I still tell my friends, electric is more fun to play with but nitro is way more fun to race!
Don't be a douche and help the next guy.
I've got an electric trophy truggy, mamba monster esc and motor, and 2 3s lipos... 90mph compared to .21 nitro savage that does close to 30mph if I'm lucky.... The truggy costs less to run then the savage. Extra batteries for a auto start, batteries to heat the glow plug, so much money for a few minutes of fun... Not that much fun for me.

Yes my truggy hit 90mph!